It's all kicking off chez Chancer

NormanH

[quote user="idun"]So those in Mecca only have to fast for 12 hours at the moment and those in Amiens have to fast for 15 hours. Just read an article about this and it said that children, pregnant women and the elderly can suffer. Children? does this religion really make children fast like this? Nice![/quote]

I think that in these days, idun, no more more Moslems would force their children to fast than Christians would expect their wives to be churched after childbirth...

"They certainly take their religious beliefs more seriously than that in Amiens Nord."

As they do in some northern cities in the UK. As so often the girls were greater victims than the boys. In the school where I taught I was responsible for all 14 - 16 year olds. The girls were frequently unable to continue a normal school day, often fainting, but always refusing a drink. In my experience this was not imposed by their parents; it was a choice they made because they saw their parents as 'backsliders' in the matter of religion.

Hoddy