An English lady missing, feared murdered

NormanH

This has been in the local press for a couple of days, but has now hit the nationals.

http://www.lefigaro.fr/actualite-france/2012/08/28/01016-20120828ARTFIG00411-meurtre-d-une-anglaise-les-sms-inquietants-du-jardinier.php

http://www.midilibre.fr/2012/08/26/une-anglaise-disparue-son-jardinier-suspecte,553155.php

Patricia Wilson who has been living in the Aveyron for about 5 years  is missing but traces of blood have been found, and her gardener is under suspicion.

I watch a lot of these "presumé innocent" type programs if only to brush up on the 1ere form conditional passé which I find bizaare that they use even when someone has been tried and convicted, there aint a lot else worth watching on French TV.

Anyway dont they need to find the body in pretty much every case to succeed in a prosecution?

In French speak might the possible perpetrator get away with the alleged crime?

Might the perptrator get away with the alledged crime?

If he has the misfortune to be maghrebin, then probably not. Is this not another case of a gardener being accused? The last being found guilty, although everything I saw about it was iffy.

I do not trust the french judicial system, I know of too many things that have happened over the years to ever trust it.

We had a similar thing here in our village several years ago - a lady disappeared without trace, keys and bag still in house. With house to house searches and even a helicopter brought in she was never found! Hope it will be better news for this lady, but doesn't bode well at the moment.