French customs: witchcraft: attention Mrs Elephant, Clair, Xin Animal et al.

There used to be a coven of witches on this forum and I was wondering whether any members are still practising and could give me some words of wisdom, svp?

On Monday afternoon my neighbour, Quasimodo, the one who is hated by the village, whose wife is locked in, and who is trying to get the mayor into prison, knocked on the shutters and sought conversation, wearing a suit and white socks. An unheard of event. He looked a little rattled (not raddled, Norman!).

Apparently on the Sunday evening someone had dumped a dead fox on his doorstep with a noose round its neck.

Now, can any of you witches please speculate as to whether this is something like a mafia kiss, a rural warning like a dead owl stuck on your car? Should he be patrolling with a shotgun or expect his waters to turn black, or should he avoid hunting for a while, given that many of the hunting fraternity are those who would love to get a shot in?

Advice appreciated.

Showed this to the boss and she says that yes A the intent would be to worry him and B the curse would be ineffective because it should have been nailed to the door. The wearing of white socks with a suit could however be cause for a visit from a fashion coven [6].

What a strange and curious reaction to get spruced up in his Sunday best, down to his white socks, and go and 'get help?' 'discuss' with the anglais next door!

Even if he is a bad man, did he really deserve this? And unless he did this himself, then there is someone seriously crazy in your neighbourhood! This is a very very creepy thing to do! Poor fox!

It is something I've seen done in England. I and others used regularly to ride a perfectly legally bridle path in our parish. There was often a newly killed fox on top of the hedge, which just happened to be on eye-level for a horse rider. I knew it was done with the intention of alarming us, but it never occurred to me that it might be witchcraft.

Even so if the vet couldn't cure animals, especially horses, and there happened to be some real gypsies in the area they would be consulted.

I'm so glad to have wonderful French neighbours.

Hoddy