À partir du 1er janvier 2013, les tarifs du courrier

augmenteront de 2,8 % en moyenne. C’est ce qu’indique La Poste dans un

communiqué du 16 novembre 2012.

Dans ce cadre, le prix du timbre prioritaire passera de

60 à 63 centimes d’euro tandis que celui de la lettre verte passera de

57 à 58 centimes d’euro.

Les derniers tarifs avaient été fixés en juillet 2011

pour les envois de lettres de moins de 20 grammes en lettre prioritaire

et en octobre 2011 pour la lettre verte.

source

From 1 January 2013, mail rates will increase by 2.8% on average. This is announced by La Poste in a statement of 16 November 2012.

In this context, the cost of a priority stamp price will rise from 60 to 63 cents while that of the green letter will increase from 57 to 58 cents.

The latest tariffs were set in July 2011 for shipments of letters under 20 grams and priority letter in October 2011 for the green letter.

If you can't make it to La Poste, you can buy your stamps online HERE.

How to recognise your stamps (current prices):

[IMG]http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q296/clair46/Timbres_zps72993bba.jpg[/IMG]

I would always buy a few carnets before the price went up. However, one day, I was pulled up at the post office, as I had put a stamp on an envelope that was simply a stamp with no actual monetary value on it, but the right colour and what, 20g's on it. I was told that to send a letter to another country had to have an actual monetary value on the stamp.

Now the post office clerk could have just made this up, but it seemed to have a sort of logic.

Is this right?????

Would be me like putting a first class UK stamp on an envelope plus a few other stamps to send a letter to France. No idea if I can do this.[blink]

[quote user="idun"]I was told that to send a letter to another country had to have an actual monetary value on the stamp.[/quote]

Not true.  There are "permanent value" stamps in the "Marianne" series for standard letters, with no numbers on the stamp except the maximum weight (20g).  The colours are blue for the EU plus Switzerland, and violet for the rest of the world.

If your local clerk doesn't believe this, tell him to look at the Banque Postale website (la boutique du timbre).  These stamps are in the catalogue, although the prices (77¢ and 89¢ respectively) don't seem to have been updated for the latest increase.

I suppose it's possible that they are available only on line and not in the BP branches, although it seems unlikely.