o.m.g.!

I have a sneaky suspicion that it is nothing to do with the Polish workers, they are normally very good.I think it is the comment "The Russian, who is reported to run an import-export company which exports products from France to Poland and Russia, says he is not going to pursue the builders over their mistake." says it all. I rather think this is a way to get it demolished and build something new instead.

Extensive knowledge of Polish builders have we? The last development I worked on was a re build of 6 gable ends as the Polish builders made a mess of it and water was pouring in through the roofs.

Thank goodness another old building will be rebuilt giving work to the local community (or will they be Polish) and at least it will be rebuilt using modern materials and complying with the latest EU directives for 02 emissions and  insulated properly.

I would bulldose mine if I could so I could rebuild it with nice insulated walls etc, I would stone face it though so it looked all chocolate box like it does now.

Seems fishy to me and using Poles means that they will not be prosecuted in France because they will be back in Poland.

Presumably under current regulations it will not be possible to build an exact replica because modern materials and methods will be required.

[quote user="Quillan"]I have a sneaky suspicion that it is nothing to do with the Polish workers, they are normally very good.I think it is the comment "The Russian, who is reported to run an import-export company which exports products from France to Poland and Russia, says he is not going to pursue the builders over their mistake." says it all. I rather think this is a way to get it demolished and build something new instead.[/quote]

Agree 100%

Chapeau to the guy all the same  [:D][:D]

The French really would not have a clue how to prosecute something like this to send out a message to others, he will just do an attestation sur honneur, as honorable as he may be!!!

[quote user="Chancer"]

The French really would not have a clue how to prosecute something like this to send out a message to others, he will just do an attestation sur honneur, as honorable as he may be!!!

[/quote]

Still is Vandalism though -  Perhaps he'll find the planning department a little difficult, not to mention the fee's [:D]