Am I getting old and intolerant?

Georgina

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="dwmcn"]sweet 17, A sign in a NY deli, "Our tongue sandwiches speak for themselves".[/quote]

Was that the same deli where, on the next window, there was a sign, "Don't stand out there being sad and hungry, come inside and be thoroughly fed-up".  Sometimes, you just can't beat the old corny ones, can you?[:D]

Oi! Can we please get back to irritations as I have been prevented from airing them on the artificial animal bonking site/sites due to suffering from Norman's complaint....being banned!

The current fashion of having more tattoo than skin, nose jewelery that looks like a zit. Starting a comment with "D'you know what" or "I'm not gonna lie to you."

Any mention of Facebook.

Americanism's:- Hi (what's wrong with hello?), math, or erb instead of herb...it's HERB, got it!

Text language in some forum postings. Forum answers ending in simples! And postings in English with the odd French word thrown in just to show superiority.

Apart from that I am quite easy going for a grumpy old git.

OI!! .............................. re: 'And postings in English with the odd French word thrown in just to show superiority'

. We franglais, it is very natural in our household. Not because we feel superior to anyone, and as grumpy oldies, we sometimes cannot remember the word in the other language  or one particular word or expression just feels right...... just hits the spot! [Www]