Béziers on the TV

Sorry Norman, I would have loved to watch it but I am not going to listen to 60 seconds of French advert which always makes my blood boil on the TV, 5 seconds is my limit even with the sound muted, shame [:(]

Why do so many web links do this?

I agree Chancer, this 60-second advert nearly lost me.

Still watched it. It started very well, then focussed on 2 areas of particular interest for Beziers:  first, bullfighting, and then wine growing and vineyards - both topics I don't really relate to - I would have liked much, much more on Beziers-town. [:(]

You are so right 5e...

I was mildly outraged that the bullfighting school got so much attention when it represents a very tiny minority interest.

What was amusing though was the number of people from the Mairie who got in on the act: all the customers at the bar in les Halles where you can have the meat you have bought cooked for you were people who have never been seen there before, but are either councillors or employees[:)]

In fact it showed in one way why the town doesn't thrive. All the attention on the things of the past still controlled by the same families (the wine maker and the director of les Arènes are good examples)

[quote user="Chancer"]

Sorry Norman, I would have loved to watch it but I am not going to listen to 60 seconds of French advert which always makes my blood boil on the TV, 5 seconds is my limit even with the sound muted, shame [:(]

Why do so many web links do this?

[/quote]

I don't see any advert.

Have you got adblockplus installed?

[quote user="Chancer"]

Sorry Norman, I would have loved to watch it but I am not going to listen to 60 seconds of French advert which always makes my blood boil on the TV, [/quote]

Come on! Even when the ads are so original and clever?

Actually, though, that's why we stopped watching french TV years ago. Even before there were other options.

[quote user="NormanH"]

In fact it showed in one way why the town doesn't thrive. All the attention on the things of the past still controlled by the same families (the wine maker and the director of les Arènes are good examples)

[/quote]

Maybe another reason is suggested by the fact that the piece didn't seem to touch on my impression of Beziers as a town dominated by traffic jams and lack of parking space. Although it's not far, we tend to avoid it.

They must have taken many of the shots showing roads in the early morning in the middle of winter[:D]

[quote user="nomoss"][quote user="Chancer"]

Sorry Norman, I would have loved to watch it but I am not going to listen to 60 seconds of French advert which always makes my blood boil on the TV, [/quote]

Come on! Even when the ads are so original and clever?

Actually, though, that's why we stopped watching french TV years ago. Even before there were other options.

[/quote]

I guess I have done this sort of backwards, I initially had Sky TV and ditched it over 5 years ago as it was hindering my immersion and learning of the language, in that I have no regrets as having only French TV has helped immesurably but I watch less and less of it now, I can put up with the crap programming, awfull audio, terrible dubbing but the adverts are just too frequent and far too repetitive, what drives me totally mad now is the bloody voix mielleuse that they have to use in just about every advert, its a bit like the dubbing, I think they just have two people to do all of them.

And the radio is ten times worse!!!

Still I am going to stick with it, I get my fix of UK TV when I return several times a year, if I had it here it would be back to the bad old days.

Maybe one day..........................