Shooting stars

A few dozen, including some "sizzlers"... but we were only outside for about 15-20 minutes.

But did you also see the ISS twice last night? Although it's path was over the south of England, it looked as if it was exactly overhead here so I'm sure those further south would have seen it travelling west to north-east (approximately).

Here's a site (which I'm sure has been posted before) where you can put in your town / village and get precise timings and projected path and also select CET etc. It travels across the sky surprisingly quickly... at about 17,500 mph, apparently. [8-|]

http://www.heavens-above.com/

I didn't see any last night and feel cheated as family/friends in the UK did see some - but I did see a couple last week, quite quickly too with looking out to the sky and within seconds of each other

Is it worth continuing to look for the rest of the month?

I saw two the other night. I have never seen a shooting star before, and I wasn't outside long either.

Everynight when I used to take our dog out for her last pee in France, I would look at the stars if there were no clouds in the hope of seeing a shooting star, but never did.We hadn't really got any light pollution either. So a couple of nights ago was a real treat for me.

[quote user="mogs"]

Is it worth continuing to look for the rest of the month?[/quote]

It's worth looking for the next few nights. I saw a couple last night, around midnight. The sky was sparklingly clear... most of them seem to travel north to south so make sure you've got as wide a piece of sky to look at as possible.