Moving to South West France

annieg

One of the worst side of being in Hospital in France is the 'hot' drinks.

If you ask for tea they give you a plastic beaked of tepid water and a plastic wrapped tea bag...

If you can get the bag out of the wrapping it just sits looking sad vaguely staining the water like a stool in a toilet bowl.

[quote user="NormanH"]If you can get the bag out of the wrapping it just sits looking sad vaguely staining the water like a stool in a toilet bowl.

[/quote]

Since this description could apply to almost ANY tea in a French café, you do realise that I will not be able to get that image out of my mind and thus will never be able to order tea in France EVER again?

[quote user="You can call me Betty"][quote user="Rabbie"][quote user="You can call me Betty"]OK let's try again.

I only drink either green tea or rooibos. [:D]

[/quote]You mean literally. Never water or tepid coffee or a nice glass of wine or whatever Her Majesty serves at her garden parties. [:D]

[/quote]

As it happens, and coincidence is a funny thing, I almost never drink wine (unlike many, cheap wine was nowhere on my list of reasons for moving to France: I can't stand the stuff). Water? If we are being "literal" then I will confess that I do tend to use it to make tea, but again, unlike many, I don't live my life with a bottle of the stuff welded to my hand.

The Queen serves ordinary tea or lemon barley water at her little get-togethers. I managed to force down one of each.

Coffee? Not really.

And, if we are going to pick holes in one another's use of grammar, then how do you know that I mean literally? You wrote a statement, not a question. Are you a mind reader?[/quote]My apologies for poor punctuation. As I said in an earlier post I am dyslexic so have to concentrate on spelling. I did mean to put in a question mark so no mindreading there. Sorry once again if my attempt at humour fell flat.

Umpteen posts later and NOBODY has answered my legitimate question of whether "green" tea is actually a load of "black" leaves![:'(]

I have a couple of tins of black "Chinese" tea leaves (very broad, coarse leaves) and I just want to know whether they constitute "green" tea.

OH and I have also been to a tea plantation in Sri Lanka and we brought some tea leaves back which are also black in colour.

So, can someone say categorically whether black tea leaves add up to "green tea", PLEASE?

[quote user="sweet 17"]

Umpteen posts later and NOBODY has answered my legitimate question of whether "green" tea is actually a load of "black" leaves![:'(]

I have a couple of tins of black "Chinese" tea leaves (very broad, coarse leaves) and I just want to know whether they constitute "green" tea.

OH and I have also been to a tea plantation in Sri Lanka and we brought some tea leaves back which are also black in colour.

So, can someone say categorically whether black tea leaves add up to "green tea", PLEASE?

[/quote]

Here we are Sweets, all you ever want to know about green tea

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Green_tea

Thank you, PaulT.  I guess my black tea leaves are probably "green" tea after all. 

I only really like PG tips (tea-bags) with milk so I don't think I am your actual "green" tea afficiondo (afficionnada!)[:'(]

BTW, give my best to Mrs PaulT and to Lace.....[:D]