Fench vs. Uk benefits & Eastern europeans

[quote user="Quillan"]............

I have a feeling that in the UK it will be quite interesting as to just how many will actually arrive given the massive increase in manufacturing in Romania since they started their entry into the EU. Perhaps it may be better before we 'condemn' them to wait and see what really happens.

[/quote]

Don't confuse the issue by being sensible. Farage etc know what will happen and appear to have no need of actual facts to prove their case[6]

That does assume that Scotland will be part of the EU, have the Euro and be part of the Schengen agreement although I believe Scotland aims to keep the pound so it won't be joining the EU. We could see a load of UKIP immigrants entering Scotland just to get away from the EU although I seem to remember that last time Farrage went to Scotland the natives became a tad restless. [;-)]

[quote user="Quillan"]That does assume that Scotland will be part of the EU, have the Euro and be part of the Schengen agreement although I believe Scotland aims to keep the pound so it won't be joining the EU. ][/quote]

I'm not sure the currency is a deal breaker, but apart from that, it's a pretty reasonably synopsis of what Mr Salmond seems to assume. He's already certain that an independent Scotland will be welcomed into the EU with open arms and that Scotland will keep the £

[quote user="You can call me Betty"][quote user="Quillan"]That does assume that Scotland will be part of the EU, have the Euro and be part of the Schengen agreement although I believe Scotland aims to keep the pound so it won't be joining the EU. ][/quote]

I'm not sure the currency is a deal breaker, but apart from that, it's a pretty reasonably synopsis of what Mr Salmond seems to assume. He's already certain that an independent Scotland will be welcomed into the EU with open arms and that Scotland will keep the £

[/quote]Mr Salmond seems to have a touching faith in his wishes coming true. Since the UK government has made it clear there will be no negotiations until there is a win for the "Yes" side in the referendum Mr S is effectively asking people to vote for independence without knowing the details of the deal. As there are some major unknowns in the mix such as how the oil revenues are split and how the national debt is divided. As a small boy in Scotland I was warned of the dangers of  "buying a pig in a poke" and it seems given the strength of the "No" vote in the opinion polls at present many scots are heeding that lesson