Hollande's right turn

Pickles

I was sure that NH had started a more serious thread discussing the content of Hollande's recent pronouncements, but for the life of me I can't find it. Anyway, as a contribution to that, I was browsing through the most recent editions of the Economist and came across a couple of reasonable articles on this topic. They make interesting reading. PLEASE NOTE: open the following links in "private windows" (Firefox) or "incognito" windows (Chrome) or whatever their equivalent is in the browser of your choice.

http://www.economist.com/news/europe/21593421-french-president-promises-serious-supply-side-reformsagain-fran-ois-hollande-liberal

http://www.economist.com/news/europe/21594253-frances-president-struggles-focus-attention-his-new-economic-policy-not-women-his

The Economist obviously has an agenda but its articles are generally well-written and well-researched.

[quote user="Quillan"]

All well and good but the Anglo Saxon press has it in for France and often tells lies especially when it comes to facts and figures.

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/10-accounts-on-which-City-A-M-has

France must be better than the UK if not then why do so many people from the UK go to live here?

[/quote] Keep telling yourself that you are correct Q and you might eventually believe it, sounds to me like someone trying to justify his decision to reside in France. [:D]

[quote user="Quillan"]If you took the time to read the link and the claims made within it you might realise my comments were made in jest especially as so many of them have now been proved wrong.[/quote]

I was replying to you not the link. Funny how when people get challenged they say I was only joking? [:P]

[quote user="NickP"][quote user="Quillan"]

All well and good but the Anglo Saxon press has it in for France and often tells lies especially when it comes to facts and figures.

http://www.ambafrance-uk.org/10-accounts-on-which-City-A-M-has

France must be better than the UK if not then why do so many people from the UK go to live here?

[/quote] Keep telling yourself that you are correct Q and you might eventually believe it, sounds to me like someone trying to justify his decision to reside in France. [:D][/quote]

Read it and you might understand the joke rather than comment out of ignorance.

[quote user="NickP"]

[quote user="Quillan"]If you took the time to read the link and the claims made within it you might realise my comments were made in jest especially as so many of them have now been proved wrong.[/quote]

I was replying to you not the link. Funny how when people get challenged they say I was only joking? [:P]

[/quote]

Another of your more outstanding and very stupid comments but then one always knows what to expect from you. It's like a stuck record really.

[quote user="Pickles"]PLEASE NOTE: open the following links in "private windows" (Firefox) or "incognito" windows (Chrome) or whatever their equivalent is in the browser of your choice.

[/quote]

I did as I was bidden (and the articles were interesting, though, as you say, the Economist has its agenda), but WHY did I need to open them in a private window?

[quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"][quote user="Pickles"]PLEASE NOTE: open the following links in "private windows" (Firefox) or "incognito" windows (Chrome) or whatever their equivalent is in the browser of your choice.

[/quote]

I did as I was bidden (and the articles were interesting, though, as you say, the Economist has its agenda), but WHY did I need to open them in a private window?

[/quote]

The reason is that if you open them in a "normal" window then you only get to see two or possibly 3 articles in a month before it demands money. Same thing works with the Torygraph (you get 10-20 pages there before it wants money).

[quote user="Pickles"][quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"][quote user="Pickles"]PLEASE NOTE: open the following links in "private windows" (Firefox) or "incognito" windows (Chrome) or whatever their equivalent is in the browser of your choice.

[/quote]

[/quote]

The reason is that if you open them in a "normal" window then you only get to see two or possibly 3 articles in a month before it demands money. Same thing works with the Torygraph (you get 10-20 pages there before it wants money).

[/quote]

Ah. Right. I very seldom have cause to look at the Economist (or the Torygraph) these days, so I hadn't clocked that. Thanks.

[quote user="Quillan"][quote user="NickP"]

[/quote]

Another of your more outstanding and very stupid comments but then one always knows what to expect from you. It's like a stuck record really.

[/quote]

I suppose that being a "moderator" allows you the privilege of rudeness in the extreme, still nothing more than I would expect from you.

[quote user="Pickles"][quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"][quote user="Pickles"]PLEASE NOTE: open the following links in "private windows" (Firefox) or "incognito" windows (Chrome) or whatever their equivalent is in the browser of your choice.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is easily solved ( a tip I got from elsewhere).  Find your cookies and remove those relating to whichever site is giving the problem.  Works for me for the DT anyhow.  Have to do it each time you get to the limit ... but its a relatively simple solution if you don't want to subscribe.

[EDIT] And has now just worked for the Economist as well.

[quote user="Judith"][quote user="Pickles"][quote user="The Riff-Raff Element"][quote user="Pickles"]PLEASE NOTE: open the following links in "private windows" (Firefox) or "incognito" windows (Chrome) or whatever their equivalent is in the browser of your choice.

[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

This is easily solved ( a tip I got from elsewhere).  Find your cookies and remove those relating to whichever site is giving the problem.  Works for me for the DT anyhow.  Have to do it each time you get to the limit ... but its a relatively simple solution if you don't want to subscribe.

[EDIT] And has now just worked for the Economist as well.

[/quote]

Yes - that works. The advantage of incognito mode or private mode is that you don't have to work out which are the specific cookies (and with the low allowance of the Economist you'd be having to delete them every three page views). Incidentally, it can be advantageous on some booking sites to use private mode because the sites can't then track your interest and potentially adjust prices accordingly ...

Thanks, Pickles.

After the first time, you soon work out what words to put in, to get the cookies you need to delete.  But the Econ is a bit low on allowance it's true, but I rarely look at that now I don't have to do for work (lots of stuff I used to have to read for work, I no longer bother with!!).

But I didn't know about "private windows" so off to see what I can find about them now. 

[EDIT] wow, that was quick, found it immediately.  Gosh, how useful! What a brilliant tip!  Merci beaucoup.