Mr Hollande's latest squeeze

[quote user="Martin963"]Well I don't stick up for M Patapouf very often,  but given the situation would YOU go and see her?

I imagine it would be similar to visiting a spitting cobra![/quote]

If I were him and had the slightest intention of going back to her, I think that visiting her in hospital would be the most basic expectation. Essentially, by NOT visiting her (if that is the case, after all, Midi Libre is hardly the Oracle in these matters), he is basically saying "It wasn't a short fling: you're dumped - pack your bags and office, pay off your assistants and be out of both office and apartment by the end of the week."

Anyway: if he hasn't even got the decency to set things straight with his partner, you have to ask: is he man or mouse? Leader of a major European country? Mon oeil!

More mismanagement ...

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I couldn't agree more Pickles,  but I can also see that he probably hasn't a clue what to say or do.   The classic signs of a weak man,   something that was blindingly obvious to many of us long before he was elected.

I was thinking about the Sarkozy incidents that Norman mentioned.   With regard to the pauvre con,  I'd be interested to know what Norman thinks about the "correctness" of the behaviour of the pauvre con leading up to Sarkozy's remarks.   Having said that,   what Sarkozy muttered was actually the precise thoughts of an awful lot of people round our part of 24 at the time.   In a way I admire him,  in the same way that I admire Prescott (now there's something Norman wasn't expecting!) for throwing a punch at the guy who chucked an egg at him.   It showed the natural reaction of a proper human being,   provoked by completely unacceptable behaviour by a member of the public,  as was the case with the pauvre con who - in my view - may well have been put up to the stunt in the first place.

As to the remark about paedophilia in that press conference,  I'm not going to try and defend Sarkozy.   It was an incident of which I was unaware and he shouldn't have said it.    But then there are lots of things that lots of us shouldn't have said.....

[Www]Well he could go and visit the rottweiler incognito........ maybe get someone to chauffeur him on a scooter and when he gets there leave his crash hat on............who would guess who he was[;-)]

I actually don't believe that however he deals with the women in his life shows whether he is a weak man or not. Most men I know remain rather clueless all their lives as to the ways of women and how women think. I am not saying that this does not go in the other direction, but I find men are rather less complex creatures.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/francois-hollande/10573002/Sketch-Francois-Hollande-et-son-alleged-bit-sur-le-side.html

And that Martin 963 is the best bit of franglais I have seen in ages. Not that I ever franglais to quite that extent.......... well peut-etre![:P]

Well I know that this *IS* pure speculation and tittle-tattle but hey it's fun when it's Patapouf

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/france/10577002/Hollande-wants-Trierweiler-out-but-first-lady-refusing-to-pack-bags.html

Particularly the first question of his presidency: 

“How can I get out of here without being seen?”

You really couldn't make it up,  although I concede that maybe most of the article is at best speculation.

[quote user="Clair"][quote user="sweet 17"]Hm, Clair, I expect the charges are a bit more than 22 euros a day?[8-)][/quote]

Keyword: "from 22€..."

Who knows how much this will really cost...?[;-)]

[/quote]

You are so right, Clair; nasty little word, that dès [:D]

[quote user="Clair"]I ask myself which is better...

A President who marries a woman within 2 months of their first meeting, or a President who slinks out behind his official companion's back and skulks around Paris to shag a young(er) piece of derrière...?

Edited to add:
Car rental advert (pic)[:-))]
[/quote]

I dont see anything wrong with the former, life is not a dress rehearsal and if you dont know your mind when you get to that age you are not fit to be a president, hang on........................................... [:D]

I don't think that it matters how long someone knows someone else before they live with/marry them.

I know people who went out for years prior to cohabiting and they still divorced. 38 years ago I met my OH and moved in after about 8/9 weeks. It isn't about how long one knows someone, it is about how a relationship works.

[quote user="idun"] I don't think that it matters how long someone knows someone else before they live with/marry them.[/quote]

Nothing to do with that...

Sarko was ridiculed when he married Carla Bruni shortly after they met.

Hollande is being ridiculed for skulking around, a helmet over his head, for non-conjugal fumbles between the sheets with a two-bit actress.

Which is the least embarrassing? [:'(]

Hm, Clair, there are other factors to be considered, methinks.

Carla B was the mistress of rock singers (not sure how many) and also the mother of a son whose grandfather she was involved romantically with.  Sarko was due to visit England soon after he met Carla and, apparently (don't bloody know why because the Queen also has family with dodgey sexual relationships) it was politic for him to marry Carla as they were going to meet the Queen.

Hollande, OTOH, has been sneakily "seeing" Julie G and in laughable circumstances (sitting pillion on a scooter with a security guard in the driving seat), whilst his official "mistress" (concubine, as you French would say) cosily installed in the Elysee Palace.

Which is least embarrassing?  I'd say six of one and half a dozen of the other![:)]

Apparently the hospital where Mad Rottweiler is 'resting' will not let him see her. Nice way to phrase things!

The awfulness of it all is the way his 'hole in the corner, standing up in the shop doorway for a quick one, half a crown with rubbers' denigrates his office and this country.

Hell, when he got off the scooter, he didnt even have a bunch of flowers, though has there been a foto of the President clutching a bunch of red roses bought from the nearest service station, the local florists would have screamed concurrence deloyale and demanded that they have a monopoly on flower sales forever.

And so it goes on: the latest allegations are that the affair has been going on for two years.

During the presidential election, some said that Hollande - who had been viewed as being rather characterless and grey (a la John Major, tellingly!) - would reveal himself to be more dynamic and a good leader of the nation.

What a disappointment.

[quote user="Pickles"]And so it goes on: the latest allegations are that the affair has been going on for two years.

During the presidential election, some said that Hollande - who had been viewed as being rather characterless and grey (a la John Major, tellingly!) - would reveal himself to be more dynamic and a good leader of the nation.

What a disappointment.

[/quote]

Great. A concubine and a mistress for two years? No wonder it seemed as though his eye was never on the ball. A commentator on RTL this morning presented a fairly convincing argument that anyone aspiring to the office of president should leave any notion of a private life at the door of the Elysée when they arrive, viz, they need to be available at the service of the nation at a moments notice. That's the job. With him off for a discrete bit of discreet shagging, who exactly was in charge? Memories of Chirac being incommunicado for hours after Diana got herself killed, off enjoying his vie privée somewhere... 

I really don't know how Mme Still-The-Official-Companion can get out of this with any dignity.

The longer this drags on - one in hospital with the faints, the other waiting for her to feel better - the less dignity she has.

She should make a sudden recovery and get out of this before he gets a chance to administer the coup de grâce, something which he should have done before embroiling them all in this embarrassing dramedy...

[quote user="Clair"]She should make a sudden recovery and get out of this before he gets a chance to administer the coup de grâce, something which he should have done before embroiling them all in this embarrassing dramedy...

[/quote]

I wholeheartedly agree, and whilst there will be arguments about whether either of the mistresses are deserved of such treatment such is his position and power that he should not have reflected for even one second before doing so.

If the guy charged with making the most important decisions in a decsisive manner, the person with a army of aides and even a real army to do his bidding cannot be decisive on a subject which in the scheme of things should have as little importance as swatting a fly then what use is he as leader of this country.

You may not agree with Sarkozy marrying so soon and I understand entirely your viewpoint but at least he was decisive and did things in the correct order.

P.S He would not dare inflicting the coup de grace while she is holed up in hospital with the media at her bedside and she is well aware of the power it gives her, Segolene entering the fray really ups the ante, I have finally found a feulleton worth watching in France [:D]