Easter Catholic Mass in English in Charente-Maritime

frenchdc

[quote user="frenchdc"]Does anybody know of a catholic mass in english in the Charente-maritime at Easter please?[/quote]

As we live in the Haute Savoie, we don't know either, but we are encouraged that in this secular day and age, someone asks. As a matter of fact, we are both Catholic but interestingly there is an Anglican [retired] priest [sorry if this is the wrong description] who holds an Anglican service in the side chapel of our Evian-les-Bains parish church. Some of the year it is well attended too, DG

[quote user="frenchdc"]Does anybody know of a catholic mass in english in the Charente-maritime at Easter please?[/quote]

....It's like me asking for an Easter C of E Mass in French around Newcastle? Please do get real and integrate. The Service will be the same procedures anyway so say your own prays in english, I'm convinced HE won't mind. [:D]

My Catholic stepmother used to like to attend Mass in our local Vendée church whenever she came to visit. She knew very little French, but found that the service went along exactly the same lines as her regular one in Cornwall. There was a service sheet handed out to one and all, so she had a good idea of what was happening, and she took along her own prayerbook to follow.

So I suggest you plan on attending a service in your local town or village. Here is a website that give the times of services in churches throughout France

http://www.messesinfo.catholique.fr/rech_messes.php

You can put in name of commune and postcode, and also fine down the search to the Easter services by selecting "Paques" in another drop down box.

Amgela