Forum quiet, peoples priorities

Chancer

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="dwmcn"]

Cendrillon,

I used to steal Snickers bars. But then, I'm an American.

David

[/quote]

Do you really get a lot of hassle in the UK for being american? Perhaps you do, I don't know, but is that a reason to hassle folks on here? really is it?

[quote user="idun"][quote user="dwmcn"]

Cendrillon,

I used to steal Snickers bars. But then, I'm an American.

David

[/quote]

Do you really get a lot of hassle in the UK for being american? Perhaps you do, I don't know, but is that a reason to hassle folks on here? really is it?

[/quote]

Far more hassle for being a Troll

idun,

I've been in the UK (England) for so long that a lot of people think I'm Canadian, so, no, I don't get hassled. I'm just being silly and trying to lighten up a quiet forum thread. Get used to it. I only hassle people I know in real life. I also have a book called Boners that I 'permanently borrowed' from a library in Cleveland.

David

[quote user="dwmcn"]

. I'm just being silly and trying to lighten up a quiet forum thread. Get used to it. I only hassle people I know in real life. David

[/quote]

Hey, don't you think that Thèire (it's no good, I have to keep calling him Teapot because I can't do the French spelling) is also "just being silly and trying to lighten up a quiet forum thread"?[:D]

Betty,

Yeah, worse than the weather in GB. I talked to three men from the Winchester area today. Things are bad there, but not as bad as where you are. A few fence panels down here and some roof slates blown off, but nothing too serious. Heard about the sinkhole in Hemel Hempstead? I see where one also appeared in St Albans recently.

David

[quote user="dwmcn"]

. Heard about the sinkhole in Hemel Hempstead? I see where one also appeared in St Albans recently.

David

[/quote]

Is that all you have?  ONE sink hole in HH and ONE in St A?

We have dozens of them around the Bridgend area in South Wales.  They are almost impossible to detect until the open up out of the blue.  They are due to the chalky nature of the soil.

We call them solution cavities.

So, there you are McDo, that's your USP er....down the plug hole?[:P]

[quote user="dwmcn"]

idun,

Americans don't mind being called Canadian, but don't call Canadians American.

David

[/quote]

Why, I most certainly would mind being called canadian. In fact I would find it quite insulting, I would not like anyone on the planet to even suggest I was canadian. And yes I have been there.

[quote user="idun"][quote user="dwmcn"]

idun,

Americans don't mind being called Canadian, but don't call Canadians American.

David

[/quote]

Why, I most certainly would mind being called canadian. In fact I would find it quite insulting, I would not like anyone on the planet to even suggest I was canadian. And yes I have been there.

[/quote]There are worse things than being called Canadian. I would find it worse to be called English[:D]. I am British or Scottish but not English. Just living here as a representative of the occupying power[:D]

What a pleasure to be on a forum where you dont get your fingers wrapped for going off topic.

This is by far my most successfull thread thanks to Betty and others, I cant even recall now what the original subject was.

I see we have moved from the floods to Scottish independance .

[quote user="Frecossais"]Rabbie, have you rung round all your relatives and friends who live in Scotland and asked them not to vote for Independence, as the PM directed?
[/quote]No I haven't. Too much Scottish blood in me to waste money on postage[:D].

Besides, being my family and friends, they are sufficiently intelligent not to vote for a pig in a poke as there are so many unknowns in the SNP proposals. Any that are daft enough to vote for independence would be unlikely to listen to the still small voice of reason coming from me.[:)]