Cut Off

Tapping away on the keyboard, happily connected to the WWW, suddenly all gone. Restarted the box, still no line, no internet. Wandered down to the village, man in trench lots of wires in hands "No line at our house" says I "yes" says he "I have cut you off, doing some maintenance on the line". No notice, nothing in the bakers, nothing in the letter box. There were two of us standing muttering darkly, his suggestion was to ring orange and complain, but of course no telephone!

Back on after half an hour, but really is it too much to ask that they give at least some warning or has the orange www been replaced by telepathy?

[quote user="Lehaut"]Back on after half an hour, but really is it too much to ask that they give at least some warning or has the orange www been replaced by telepathy?[/quote]

Well, I think you have just come up with a new word to summarise the general attitude of French telecomms companies:

Telepathy = Telephone + apathy!

[quote user="nomoss"]But wouldn't it be so boring to live in a country where everything was carefully planned and executed and nothing ever went wrong[:D]

[/quote]

I have absolutely no idea, but I'd like to try it for a while, please. PLEASE!

This isn't unique to French companies. I have Virgin broadband in the UK. Several times I've had need to call them when the service has gone down only to be told... "yes, we know about that, the engineers are doing some routine maintenance".

Me... "so why didn't you informed me if it was planned".

Virgin... "what", "don't know", "we don't do that" etc.

Useless.