Roll call for ex-FE members

JSKS

[quote user="Debra"]It sounded like if someone was let back in then she was leaving.  Maybe she had a problem with that particular poster?
[/quote]even so perhaps she should have waited until the person actually was re-admitted. There has been no sign of any banned people returning

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Notice: The forum will be closed for scheduled

maintenance at approximately 11am (UK time) on 7th October 2014. We

anticipate that the forum will be closed for approximately 2 hours.

So is that another 4-5 days [:)]  A new server is to be utilised to make it all work again, hope so, want to keep them all in one place not have them drift around to nice peaceful forums [;-)]

Lindal1000:

Just had a look at the thread you mentioned in your last post. It's pretty grim especially when you consider that the person that started that thread is now a member of another French forum under a different name!

And your latest post on there is still up. I suspect it won't be for long!

Edit: The 'slag off the ex-members' thread has gone, It is no more. It is pining for the Fjords. Maybe the mods have banned themselves?

Well I for one did not want to be an ex-member and as I have said previously on here, I enjoy the diversity of many different forums,not just one and the many different posters. My reason for leaving is that I cannot get on that site any longer, nothing more or less and not for the want of trying but I don't have all day to leave my PC on or the desire to waste my electricity money either and after ten days of continual trying to log in, I feel it maybe a ploy to actually run the thing down and do away with it, after all, someone must be paying for it as we are not and times are hard as we all know so savings might be made by not having to pay folks to maintain it etc, who knows! If threads appear bitching about people leaving, well it just goes to show they have nothing of interest to post elsewhere on there and I have had enough problems in my life recently without people I have never met doing the same online.

[quote user="Val_2"] I feel it maybe a ploy to actually run the thing down and do away with it, after all, someone must be paying for it as we are not and times are hard as we all know so savings might be made by not having to pay folks to maintain it etc, who knows! [/quote]

Forgetting your conspiracy theory for a moment, as I said earlier they are shifting over to a new server with the hope of getting it back on track, they have managed to get avatars working again and some of the mods have been busy (unpaid work) getting stickies back on.  The loss of advertising revenue would soon affect the main site so they will be getting that back to normal or they have nothing to sell advertisers.

Well the speed has increased on the site in question, its still a complete abortion of a forum though, it remains to be seen whether any changes will be made but there are many many needed.

On the downside the P-man has either relented or has found a way to log that Val2 hasn't, in any case he is back with a vengeance and with the much reduced amount of people posting is even more omni-present than ever were that possible [:(]

I have to say though I did discover things I had no idea about from his postings but most seem to just be taken direct from any and all papers that currently can be found on the internet from banking to consumer topics. I get a weekly alert now for recalled items from one of his postings which is quite interesting.

[quote user="Pickles"]Has anyone contacted YCCMB regarding her sudden departure?

[/quote]

No, I miss her enormously.  She just said cheerio and went.

Betty, please come back.  If you'd just get up on that couch, madam, we'll talk about your childhood and how it has had such a profound bearing on your adult persona, not to mention your affective (sic) disorder, and similarly ridiculous topics? [:P]