Something I have always wondered

Can anyone tell me how much land you have to have for SAFIR to become involved? We are selling our house and when we enquired why it was taking so long we were told that it was SAFIR holding things up. This was the first time it had been mentioned - about 8 weeks after signing the compromis. Should it have been mentioned when we signed? Our buyers didn't know anything about it either. Our agent said that we could have paid about 300 euros to have it fast tracked! - if, of course, we had been told about it!

Thanks Brian K

Not just agricultural land, but any property can be bought by the commune and they have a certain time to show their interest.

Our notaire let the Mairie know when we had an acheter and then we had to wait the alloted time before things could proceed, several weeks.

[quote user="Briank"]Can anyone tell me how much land you have to have for SAFIR to become involved? We are selling our house and when we enquired why it was taking so long we were told that it was SAFIR holding things up. This was the first time it had been mentioned - about 8 weeks after signing the compromis. Should it have been mentioned when we signed? Our buyers didn't know anything about it either. Our agent said that we could have paid about 300 euros to have it fast tracked! - if, of course, we had been told about it!

Thanks Brian K[/quote]

It's anything over 1000 m2 and it's nowhere near 300 euros for the fast track but SAFER can refuse to fast track if they want.