Charlie Hebdo

Pickles

Suppose it depends what your lot is.

Live in a nice house in a nice area and not struggle with money then life is good.

Live in a high rise crumbling block either unemployed or in a low paid job and have money problems the life is NOT good.

Perhaps one group can be talked in to what needs to be done to improve the country, i.e. their lot.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="ernie"]BTW : My Dear Quillan, is it slightly possible that you could get Marine Le Pen’s name right ? We know your opinions, but,listen, it’s only five letters. L e P e n. gottit ? What’s the problem ? My sincere apologies if you are aronexic. *I would not be surprised to see Barack Hussein O’Bama there.[/quote]

See theres me thinking she was married to Sean. [:)]

The irony of it all is whilst the supporters of Charlie Hebdo say how important freedom of speech (and drawing insulting cartoons) is what they don't see is that the, what I consider, irresponsible actions are doing is whittling away at another of their great beliefs from the revolution, that of Liberté.

For the state to protect us (in France) our Liberté is being eroded just like it has been in the UK. You have mentioned this emergency meeting, I assume you are talking about the one with the French, Americans and Germans to be held in France over the weekend concerning security. They want to extend the American security system even further and monitor who is on what flight within Europe as well as trans European trains (C4News tonight) and make this information available to the security services. French friends who have visited the UK are greatly alarmed at the amount of security surveillance cameras compared to France yet more will be installed here. Other 'security' protocols will be put in place as will the right for France to hold suspect terrorists indefinitely like in the UK and elswhere. France has also benefited (a little, less than the UK) from the torture of inmates in Guantanamo Bay and swapped information with the Americans (as well as the UK and Germany).

Can I add that when I used the word "benefited" with reference to torture I meant it in a snide way. Torture is not something anyone or country should be proud of.

Ernie, there is a strong link between poverty, deprivation, lack of education and large families; the corollary is that well educated, successful, fulfilled people have smaller families.

What is not so often recognized (and there is research to prove it somewhere or other) is that the lower the average age of the population, the greater the chances of there being civil unrest. Example of this can be found in Algeria a few years ago, Egypt now. Pakistan.... Hence the unspoken urge for some societies to have wars because they knock the guts out of the young who then calm down (though that conclusion is more controversial).

I am glad you found my little word lifted the tone of the debate, it was meant as a little sea mine to catch passing hulls (or should that be hulks). Eugenics is practised in this world by various states, whether you like it or not, and will get more common as the world struggles to deal with the massive overbreeding problem which is destroying it.

Quote:

Oh ! Yes - I just saw it, for PaulT ( who never ever makes typos, bless his nice little cotton socks) :

You – 13 Sep 06

Me – 28 Feb 06.

Please try just a little harder.

ernie, nothing in my post alluded to my not making mistakes, I do - it referred to the fact that you will correct all of us mere mortals on this forum when we make a mistake.

As for dates - I was on this forum before you (sticks tongue out) 'cos I had to reregister when there was a problem with the forum (sticks thumbs in ears and waggles fingers)

Now the latest group has been killed in Paris, its about time our current leaders made some plans as to how they will stop more of these ‘people’ carrying out further attacks. For starters they MUST close the borders to Europe, letting only people in and out who have a legal right to be here. Lets put our armies on the borders with orders to shoot to kill anyone who tries to break through. We don't mind letting our soldiers kill in our name when they are sent into recent ‘wars’, so we should not mind this. It would be hypocritical.

Once that is done, we can then set about catching all those who are in Europe illegally, and deport them to wherever they came from. If they have no home country, then no one will mourn them if they were to go ‘missing’.

All Muslins are indeed not terrorists, but all recent terrorists are Muslim. You would not let a mad dog in with your kids, but we are forced to allow these ‘people’ to live amongst us, by manager type governments who don't really give a damn about the ‘man in the street’ whoever he is.

Thank God that there are people like Nigel and Marie who speak up on this subject, or else there would be no hope for native Europeans in their own countries.

When the most popular name for a boy in the UK last year was Mohammed, you really have to wonder where it all went wrong and where this will all end.

I suspect this post will almost certainly be deleted, and if it is, it just shows how much ‘free speech’ really is valued these days.

Ebaynut..this recent group of terrorists were French. They had a legal right to live in France. It is radicalisation both from within and outside the country that needs addressing. People are recruited by someone sitting at a laptop in a faraway land. Dealing with illegal immigrants is a completely different issue.

Linda,

The recent terrorists in France did not not look ‘French’ to me. Not a stripped vest, beret or onion string in site. Also, France offered these families, peace, freedom of speech, liberty, healthcare and education... this is how France is repaid.

Don't worry that my previous recommendation is not dealing with these latest perpetrators, that is in my plan ’B’, but I can’t post that as it would be deleted due to lack of freedom of speech rules.

BTW when you say they have a legal right to be in Europe, is that legal by the rules of the present leaders, because I suspect and hope changes will be taking place to rid us of both them, and their multicultural ideals.

It is because Europe has been soft and let anyone enter it in the recent past, that we have these ‘people’ here today and people like you who actually think of them as ‘French’.

It’s a bit like saying Mo Farah the runner, Lewis Hamilton the car racer and Jaguar/Rolls Royce cars are British. They ain’t!!!!

[quote user="ebaynut"]Linda, The recent terrorists in France did not not look ‘French’ to me. Not a stripped vest, beret or onion string in site. Also, France offered these families, peace, freedom of speech, liberty, healthcare and education... this is how France is repaid. Don't worry that my previous recommendation is not dealing with these latest perpetrators, that is in my plan ’B’, but I can’t post that as it would be deleted due to lack of freedom of speech rules. BTW when you say they have a legal right to be in Europe, is that legal by the rules of the present leaders, because I suspect and hope changes will be taking place to rid us of both them, and their multicultural ideals. It is because Europe has been soft and let anyone enter it in the recent past, that we have these ‘people’ here today and people like you who actually think of them as ‘French’. It’s a bit like saying Mo Farah the runner, Lewis Hamilton the car racer and Jaguar/Rolls Royce cars are British. They ain’t!!!![/quote] Well there I must disagree with Ebaynut. My great great grandmother came to the UK from somewhere African. She was black. I on the other hand am blond with fair skin. My sister's skin is darker and she has dark curly hair (just an example to point out to you the ridiculous of your statement that anyone who doesn't look 'British ' isn't. Are you proposing some sort of genetic test to determine 'frenchness' or Britishness. Anyway some of the recent Islamic terrorists detained in UK have been from good white British stock. At least though you have clarified that the FN is a fascist and racist party despite their claims not to be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WscVYSu-O2w&html5=1

C'est vrai qu'ils sont plaisants, tous ces petits villages,

Tous ces bourgs, ces hameaux, ces lieux-dits, ces cités

Avec leurs châteaux forts, leurs églises, leurs plages,

Ils n'ont qu'un seul point faible et c'est d'être habités.

Et c'est d'être habités par des gens qui regardent

Le reste avec mépris du haut de leurs remparts,

La race des chauvins, des porteurs de cocardes,

Les imbécil’s heureux qui sont nés quelque part,

Les imbécil’s heureux qui sont nés quelque part.

Maudits soient ces enfants de leur mère patrie

Empalés une fois pour tout's sur leur clocher,

Qui vous montrent leurs tours, leurs musé’s, leur mairie,

Vous font voir du pays natal jusqu'à loucher.

Qu'ils sortent de Paris, ou de Rome, ou de Sète,

Ou du diable vauvert ou de Zanzibar,

Ou même de Montcuq, ils s'en flattent mazette,

Le sable dans lequel, douillettes, leurs autruches

Enfouissent la tête, on trouve pas plus fin,

Quant à l'air qu'ils emploient pour gonfler leurs baudruches,

Leurs bulles de savon, c'est du souffle divin.

Et, petit à petit, les voilà qui se montent

Le cou jusqu'à penser que le crottin fait par

Les chevaux, même en bois, rend jaloux tout le monde,

C'est pas un lieu commun celui de leur naissance,

Ils plaignent de tout coeur les pauvres malchanceux,

Les petits maladroits qui n'eur’nt pas la présence,

La présence d'esprit de voir le jour chez eux.

Quand sonne le tocsin sur leur bonheur précaire,

Contre les étrangers tous plus ou moins barbares,

Ils sortent de leur trou pour mourir à la guerre,

Mon dieu, qu'il ferait bon sur la terre des hommes

Si on n'y rencontrait cette race incongru’,

Cette race importune et qui partout foisonne :

La race des gens du terroir, des gens du cru.

Que la vi’ serait belle en toutes circonstances

Si vous n'aviez tiré du néant tous ces jobards,

Preuve, peut-être bien, de votre inexistence :

[quote user="Alan Zoff"]

I suppose this guy was a potential terrorist, too, and should have been shot at the border:

http://www.theguardian.com/world/2015/jan/08/ahmed-merabet-mourned-charlie-hebdo-paris-attack

Sorry, still can't make links

There I did it for you.

[/quote]

He can't be a French policeman, I mean he doesn't look French. Some people, honestly. [:@] [:@]

[quote user="ebaynut"]Linda,

The recent terrorists in France did not not look ‘French’ to me. Not a stripped vest, beret or onion string in site. Also, France offered these families, peace, freedom of speech, liberty, healthcare and education... this is how France is repaid.

Don't worry that my previous recommendation is not dealing with these latest perpetrators, that is in my plan ’B’, but I can’t post that as it would be deleted due to lack of freedom of speech rules.

BTW when you say they have a legal right to be in Europe, is that legal by the rules of the present leaders, because I suspect and hope changes will be taking place to rid us of both them, and their multicultural ideals.

It is because Europe has been soft and let anyone enter it in the recent past, that we have these ‘people’ here today and people like you who actually think of them as ‘French’.

It’s a bit like saying Mo Farah the runner, Lewis Hamilton the car racer and Jaguar/Rolls Royce cars are British. They ain’t!!!![/quote]

What a repulsive load of tosh

"Well there I must disagree with Ebaynut" Get in the queue.

I suggest those that feel this way go live in Australian, New Zealand or Canada where they have much tighter controls on immigrants than both France and the UK.

Actually Australia only has 3% less Muslims than the UK and 6% less than France as does Canada (can't find the figure for New Zealand so perhaps there are none there so that’s your best bet). Apparently people in the UK think there are 16 times as many as there really are and in France it's 23 times as many.

Interestingly 83% of the British population is white. Out of a population of 63M in the UK only 4.8M do not hold UK passports out of these 2.3M are none EU and the rest are EU passport holders. So I make that 3.6% of the population are non European. The problem in the UK as in France is that they live in particular areas and are 'easy' to spot.

Of course, as claimed by their leaders, neither the FN or Ukip are racist which is probably true but they sure as hell seem to attract a big following that are. Never a month goes past were at least one member is expelled from either making racist and impropriate comments.

[quote user="bonemachine"][quote user="ebaynut"]Linda, The recent terrorists in France did not not look ‘French’ to me. Not a stripped vest, beret or onion string in site. Also, France offered these families, peace, freedom of speech, liberty, healthcare and education... this is how France is repaid. Don't worry that my previous recommendation is not dealing with these latest perpetrators, that is in my plan ’B’, but I can’t post that as it would be deleted due to lack of freedom of speech rules. BTW when you say they have a legal right to be in Europe, is that legal by the rules of the present leaders, because I suspect and hope changes will be taking place to rid us of both them, and their multicultural ideals. It is because Europe has been soft and let anyone enter it in the recent past, that we have these ‘people’ here today and people like you who actually think of them as ‘French’. It’s a bit like saying Mo Farah the runner, Lewis Hamilton the car racer and Jaguar/Rolls Royce cars are British. They ain’t!!!![/quote]
What a repulsive load of tosh
[/quote] +1. Because it's the most polite thing I can add.

[quote user="ebaynut"]Also, France offered these families, peace, freedom of speech, liberty, healthcare and education... this is how France is repaid.

It’s a bit like saying Mo Farah the runner, Lewis Hamilton the car racer and Jaguar/Rolls Royce cars are British. They ain’t!!!![/quote]

When I read bigotry like this, I'm tempted to wish the NF or FN well with you and hope you'll all be happy together a long way away from me.

And then I (reluctantly) think a little longer and wonder if that exact unpleasant mindset would, if the proponent was born in another country into another religion, lead him / her to actively approving of the sort of atrocities we've seen in France, Germany, the UK, the US and many other countries over the years. Does the above demonstrate at least the leanings towards a basic fundamentalism? The early stages, perhaps, but there's fertile ground there. I find it disturbing that someone here appears to be preaching generalised racial or ethnic hatred because as far as I can see, it makes them exactly the same as the people they hate, albeit on the opposite side of the fence.

I wonder where we draw the line. Should we send Bradley Wiggins back to Belgium, or Australia, where his father came from? Joanna Lumley back to India with Cliff Richard? Boris Johnston back to the USA? Richard.E.Grant back to Swaziland? Or, heaven forfend, does the colour of their skin or their religion or lack thereof make it OK for them to be in the UK?

I'd better pop off and pack a bag for my OH. Come the pogrom, he may have to leave.....

On page six of this thread ‘Betty’ wrote

I honk it says all I want to. I'd rather just leave this now, as I can see we are off into the realms of a pseudo-intellectual pissing contest.

You are a funny old boy ‘Betty’, thought you had left this thread, more pi55ing needed I guess??

[quote user="ebaynut"]On page six of this thread ‘Betty’ wrote I honk it says all I want to. I'd rather just leave this now, as I can see we are off into the realms of a pseudo-intellectual pissing contest. You are a funny old boy ‘Betty’, thought you had left this thread, more pi55ing needed I guess??[/quote] I think you are right, ebay nut. Although I am not sure that the intellectual aspect is still applicable.

[quote user="ebaynut"]‘Betty@ wrote, I think you are right, ebay nut. Although I am not sure that the intellectual aspect is still applicable. Were any of your posts ever then ???? You must point them out if they were Sir, I seem to have missed them.[/quote]

Well (in the least sarcastic way) you obviously never read any because if you did in several you would see she mentions her husband.

Anyway lets leave it at that for now and all move along.