Would You Call Your Daughter Nutella?

CSV

Wots wrong with Ting Hun then Wooly [8-)]

There used to be a superb Chinese restaurant just outside China Town in London, Wardour Street if I rmember correctly? It was called the Wong Kei Restaurant. Dead cheap to eat, only took cash, shared a big round table and when someone else had finished you lifted yer plate, the paper table cloth was replaced and on you went with yer dins. Fantastique place!!

It's still there!! The last time I went was about 1990!!   http://wongkeilondon.com/

[quote user="Hoddy"]You've reminded me Chancer that I once met a man called Norman England.[/quote]

Are you sure that was it? KPMG in London had an accountant called Norman Brittain (just checked - that was it). I always wondered if he had a brother called George Ian or a sister called Elizabeth Anne.....

As for Nutella, well. Until JM Barrie wrote Peter Pan, no-one had ever called their daughter Wendy. It's true you don't meet that many Wendies nowadays, but as a name it went from no-one at all to lots and lots in quite a short time.

My father tried very hard to give us names that would be unlikely to be ridiculed as our surname is one that could be teased. So, no middle names and ordinary first names. Anna, Jeff and I am Linda.. except that my surname is very very similar to Lovelace.. and no one could have prepared him or me for the kind of teasing I got as a young girl in the 70s!