Six Nations 2015

Rabbie

[quote user="powerdesal"]Dodgy Ref - maybe, maybe not. The ref can't see everything but he is the same ref for both teams. It's usually the losing side that complains about the Ref, funny that ![/quote]

As I said earlier Wales probably deserved to win despite the referee who DID make two very significant mistakes in the last minute.

Firstly he did not stop the clock as he should have done when Wales started time wasting after the Scottish try and secondly he did not allow the kick off after the successful conversion even though there was still time on the clock

Sco vs Italy

I was pretty neutral over this one and frankly nearly nodded off. Pleased for Italy though - they just about deserved it. The ref was right to give a penalty try in the last minute or so. The Scots played better in their earlier defeats.

As for France .......... for me, the score doesn't do justice as to how much they were outplayed. Wales pretty much in control throughout.

That basher Bastereaud had his best game so far and he was still useless!!

Problem is that Wales will now be talking up the possibility of the Championship!

France were pretty disorganised apart from about 10 mins at the beginning of the second half.

However, they lost 9 points due to poor penalty kicking, add those into the scoreline and then who wins ?

France desperately need a good, consistent and accurate kicker, surely there must be one somewhere in the French league.

They also need a new coach.

England were completely outplayed by Ireland who were deserved winners.

It wasn't that England were bad - just that Ireland pressed them so hard in just about every aspect of the game that England never had the luxury of any time on the ball. Add to that, barely a mistake at any stage

England appeared to play at half-speed for 75% of the time.

Ford is / was very poor.

Punting the ball upfield is all very well if it stays in the air long enough for it to be chased, if the rest of the team can be bothered that is, England were very slow.

Discipline was extremely poor, far too many penalties given away by sheer silliness.

• 2 weeks later...
I suspect that we all enjoyed both of yesterday's games - unless you're Irish or Scottish that is !

Wales stepped up a level and for their supporters, are maddeningly inconsistent. Ireland were just boringly efficient and showed no flair. The better team won in an exciting match.

England were just rather frustrating - you know that they're going to win, but they keep you on tenterhooks. Scotland keep on improving, but they'll end up with 2x the square root of sfa ! They've scored more tries than Ireland & France put together (up till yesterday).

Italy & France today. Just awful. Nobody seemed interested really, not even Parisse. MOTM was the ref, for seeing the game out and not calling it off at half time.

Ireland will boringly win the 6N, simply because they'll beat Scotland by more than we'll beat the French ......... but I really hope that I turn out to be wrong.

What a contrasting week end.

The Wales - Ireland game was brilliant, the France - Italy game was dire.

Who was / is the French No7, he is an evil thug who should have been red carded.

I sort of go along with the MOTM being the Ref, but failing that it should have been Spedding.

Well that's next weekend set up nicely.

Ignoring Italy/France (and I wish I had and saved 2 hours of my life), it was a great weekend.

Wales/Ireland was the match of the tournament so far. Ireland need someone in the back line who's prepared to take a risk.When you have someone like Sexton at No 10 there really needs to be someone inventive to support him in the centre and give him some options along with the kicking option.. If Zebo and Bowe had stayed in the dressing room they wouldn't have been missed as the ball never seemed to reach the wing. But Wales were exciting and unpredictable leaving the Irish defence scratching their heads.

When will England play as a team rather than 15 talented but disparate strangers? It must be knuckle-chewingly frustrating to be an England supporter when they are capable of so much more. And Scotland impressed with their have-a-go attitude.

So, from this tournament, which of the six sides should the Southern Hemisphere teams fear in the World Cup.

None of them!

'' So, from this tournament, which of the six sides should the Southern Hemisphere teams fear in the World Cup.''

Wales.

As for Sexton - I take it he is the new ''Irish Rugby Saint'', He can kick ( more often than not ) but apart from that he is pretty average IMHO. Leigh Halfpenny is better, with Dan Biggar not far behind.

What a day. Will take something to beat those 3 matches.

But, in the end, only one team won. Glad it was Ireland but it could easily have been England or Wales - just not quite enough points.

However, doubt if the southern hemisphere teams will be too frightened from what they've seen on the past 6 weeks.

Well, a good afternoon, eh?

First of all, Wales were a bit flattered by the total capitulation of Italy in the 2nd half. OK, Wales made the best of it, but the opposition was shambolic.

I just don't know what to make of Scotland. Even with their lack of strength in depth, they're not a side that should lose by 30pts to Ireland.

The England - France match was complete madness, but no less entertaining for that. It almost became a 7's match!

Before the 3 matches started, I thought that Ireland were likely winners. With the final game to go, I'm sure that most of us thought that it was still a mountain for England to climb, but they nearly did it. Good entertainment all round.

Oh and ........... a bit more exciting than the bloody eclipse!

Some thoughts now the tournament has ended in splendid style

Congratulations to Ireland who were IMO the best team in the tournament.

England must be regretting the chances they didn't take especially against Scotland.

Wales  again must be regretting the late try scored by Italy which would have put much more pressure on Ireland and England.

Personally I think it would be nice if the referees could remember and enforce the rule about straight out-ins at the scrum and also not always favour the stronger team

I got so peeeed off with the Scot commentating on the Welsh game I muted the sound! He seems to think that his 'waxing lyrical' is more than a load of pony poo. Daft git, he really spoiled that game for me! That and Italy collapsing?

At least I have most of my voice back now [:-))] and I think that even if England had won they wouldn't have deserved it.