Six Nations 2015

Rabbie

Glad you started this Rabbie - you beat me to it!

As for kitchens & ovens ............. very sad really.

I thought that we were good value for the win, but then I would say that.

For me, Haskell was MOTM. We dogged it out by playing % rugby in the last quarter.

Notwithstanding all the usual stuff about "Which French team will turn up", I just fancy that your lot Rabbie might give the French a bit of a game tomorrow. We'll see.

Sort of like Mint really. Watched the first 5 to 10 minutes and though it was going to be a slaughter so watched the documentary about Symphonies after Bach. I was quite pleased when I turned back to see England 2 points in front so watched it to the end. Perhaps I should have stuck with it. Well done England. I have to collect my ticket for England v France today. I wonder if it will be a decider or will it all be over by then?

[quote user="Gardian"]Glad you started this Rabbie - you beat me to it!

As for kitchens & ovens ............. very sad really.

I thought that we were good value for the win, but then I would say that.

For me, Haskell was MOTM. We dogged it out by playing % rugby in the last quarter.

Notwithstanding all the usual stuff about "Which French team will turn up", I just fancy that your lot Rabbie might give the French a bit of a game tomorrow. We'll see.[/quote]

Er, no, I don't think so.  Wales was perfectly capable of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory without any help from me.

Besides, my kitchen project, which is at a delicate stage of planning, is of more relevance to my life.

If anything is sad, it is that Wales has only 2 donkeys to rely on when other people have proper managers and coaches.

Well maybe ......... just about Rabbie, but (as I expected), you gave them more than a bit of a scare.

Hogg was (to me) the clear MOTM, closely followed by Russell.

The French were unconvincing, but then they often do better away from home. Something in my water tells me that they'll turn over the Irish next weekend in Dublin.

I'm very worried - there are clear signs of me wanting Scotland to do well and I need to seek professional advice about this.

Italy vs Ireland was dire - less said the better.

The 2 matches on Saturday were rather strange affairs. Almost as if it was the first time the players had played together - scrappy, unrefined and a bit, well, boring.

Let's hope things settle down this weekend with some of the dash and elan seen in the Wales/England game.

Inevitably, the TV sports news from the main UK broadcasters are concentrating on England's match against Italy this weekend. However, how do we feel the better teams will do?

I reckon the Ireland/France fixture could be the game of the weekend. Neither team looked very happy last week and put in poorish performances against inferior teams. From no 10 to no 13 Ireland seemed lacklustre with no real flair from a back line that was clearly suffering from a lack of direction (pace Kearney who was as solid as ever but with nowhere to send the play).

It'll also be interesting to see if Wales can get their mojo back against a Scottish team that were let down more by indiscipline than lack of ability against the bumbling French. Another back line, the Welsh that is, which has the ability to destroy an opposition defence in the blink of an eye.

I really hope that we give Italy a good tonking, but it probably won't be like that. Just a frustrating stinker of a game, but I very much hope that I'm wrong.

France to turn over the Irish, but it could go either way Fofana has to deliver sooner or later & it might just be tomorrow vs an inexperienced Irish midfield..

Sunday's match could well be the best. Hope it's Scotland! = plenty of ammo for me wind up my Welsh pal.

[quote user="JSKS"]Inevitably, the TV sports news from the main UK broadcasters are concentrating on England's match against Italy this weekend. However, how do we feel the better teams will do? I reckon the Ireland/France fixture could be the game of the weekend. Neither team looked very happy last week and put in poorish performances against inferior teams. From no 10 to no 13 Ireland seemed lacklustre with no real flair from a back line that was clearly suffering from a lack of direction (pace Kearney who was as solid as ever but with nowhere to send the play). It'll also be interesting to see if Wales can get their mojo back against a Scottish team that were let down more by indiscipline than lack of ability against the bumbling French. Another back line, the Welsh that is, which has the ability to destroy an opposition defence in the blink of an eye.[/quote]JSKS, there seems to be a slight contradiction in your post. First you say that France were playing an inferior team and then you say that Scotland were let down by indiscipline rather than lack of ability. Which is it? IMO the second statement is the correct one. After all Scotland at least had the ability to create a try. 

I expect England to win easily against Italy. Ireland should beat France but that depends (as always) on which French side turns up. As for Sunday's match It could go neither way. In my youth there was a bogy who lived under the Murrayfield pitch who did not like the Welsh but sadly he seems to be failing in recent times. Still we can always hope that passion will be rewarded.

Rabbie,

I don't see that there is any contradiction in saying that France played an inferior team and that the inferior team let themselves down by the indiscipline that made them the inferior team. Ability is one thing, being superior to one's opponents is quite another.

Perhaps I saw the match from a different viewpoint than you but Scotland did score the only try so I am not sure why you think the French side were superior. Given the Scots indiscipline the result was fair enough but it was an even enough game considering France had home advantage.

To me the team of the round was England even if it pains me to say so. IMO both teams should come out on the pitch together as they did in Paris to avoid the silly gamesmanship shown by Wales in Cardiff

I would have thought that, given the object of the 80 minutes is to score more points than the other team, France were, by definition, the better team on the day. Surely claiming to be the better team but still losing is an English disease?

Agree about England. Once they woke up they looked good. If they play for 80 mins instead of 40 I can't see them getting beaten too easily.

Looking for something a bit better from the green team. Hopefully, the return of Sexton might tighten up the back line and get some control into the side.

England/Italy? Really, really can't see anything other than a demolition derby with England strolling to an easy victory. But I hope I'm wrong!

[quote user="JSKS"]England/Italy? Really, really can't see anything other than a demolition derby with England strolling to an easy victory. But I hope I'm wrong![/quote]

Rugby is a very fickle game and we have seen teams before on the field that think "this should be a walkover" and then lost. Still before todays matches these are the bookies odds (oddschecker)

England to win Triple Crown, Grand Slam and outright 6N winner

Top points scorer Anthony Watson

Today and tomorrow the winners should be England, Ireland and Scotland.

[quote user="Grecian"]Stuff the chuffing rugby, I want Mot de Passe back on TF2 at 19:00H[:@]
[/quote]And the same to you[:D] Some of us enjoy the Rugby and it is not on so often.

Good result for England even if they conceded three tries. Joseph was a well deserved Man of the Match.

Errr, no Mint.

A try is when a bloke crosses the opposition line - the French did actually do that, but not much more.

It was pretty dour stuff & France really only woke up in the last quarter. France are just so disappointing - when did we last see threequarter move from them that we're starting to see from England? The problem is at halfback - things got a bit better when Parra came on.

As for England .......... well it's hard to complain too much, but neither Ireland nor France will be as leaky as Italy.

Looking forward to tomorrow's Sco vs Wales.

[quote user="Gardian"]Scotland vs Wales Dodgy ref. Wales will be very happy to have got away with that one. Good game though.[/quote]But as a Scot I think Wales were slightly the better side so perhaps justice was done despite the referee. Still a very exciting game.

Best game yet from a neutral's point of view. If I were a Scot I'd feel a bit cheated tbh. But good to see the Scots going for the try line and trying to work the ball through the phases with a degree of confidence that they seem to have lacked for many seasons. Calcutta Cup match could be very interesting this year.