French Phone Scam

Had a couple of these now.

Lady phones speaking French saying she is from the Social Services telling me there is a problem with my account and payments will be withheld then goes on to ask for my DOB and bank information. Unfortunately they don't hide the phone number so I asked her in English why she is phoning from South Africa (0027)? Needless to say the line gets cut from her end without a response. Pays to check who is phoning you.

We don't seem to be plagued with calls in the UK or France.

In the UK we are ex directory, if any web sites want our phone number I enter their business number, anyway they have my e-mail address to contact me. ( although it is a disposable one) so if they sell on my number they will only be plagued at their end. All the rubbish that the postman sticks through the door gets put back in the post box, did ask the postie once to stop but he said they have to deliver it, no option.

Mail,  especially the Virgin media ones, usually at least one per week. I now redirect them with a freepost label back to Virgin, plus I try and put something heavy inside the envelope, old Screwfix catalogue or something similar to bump up the cost of postage.

In France the only problem I had was e-mails via our French telecom/orange email account, I have now blocked that completely as I never used it.

Bet they love me.