Banking problem solved

Hmmmm, it is a strange old world when you either wanna strangle them or hug them, sometimes both at the same time.

As some of you know, I bank with Credit Agricole with whom my relationship has been by and large OK, bit like a quiet marriage. We both went our ways and when one or other of us wanted something it was performed quite correctly.

BUT

As you may also know, I am moving out of this area and out of the region covered by my present branch. So, a couple of weeks ago I asked them if they could transfer my account to a branch I had chosen in the new region. Much whooming and haring and the odd hiss. No, it couldn't be done because we are regional and the regions do not speak to each other; even the computer systems aren't compatible.

So, I set out to find another bank which is a truly horrifying experience as they are all a load of rip off merchants and I feel dirty when I have spoken to them.

Anyway, today, having more or less decided on a new bank I went into the Credit Agricole and casually asked if there was really no way they could transfer my account..... No, sir, sorry, there isn't...... hesitation.... BUT, if you open an account with Credit Agricole in your new area, THEY CAN TRANSFER THE WHOLE ACCOUNT LOCK STOCK AND BARREL FOR YOU.

It is difficult to render me speechless but ......

I rest my case and do almost feel sympathy for Mr. Hollande or any other poor sod trying to modernise this mad, mad country.

I have been saying for years that what has held France back from being a modern, economic global powerhouse (or whatever current expression is used for these entities) is its creaking, antiquated banking system.

As a grown man, Wools, you are allowed to cry about this one[:)]

. BUT, if you open an account with Credit Agricole in your new area, THEY CAN TRANSFER THE WHOLE ACCOUNT LOCK STOCK AND BARREL FOR YOU.

It is difficult to render me speechless but

You will be, it took me over 4 painful months to change CA branch's total crap I ended up having to write all the letters and the pile of correspondence was immense

When we moved from one department to another, we also tried with CA to transfer our account to the new department... it was like changing planets!!

In the end we kept the old account but opened up a new account locally, thanks to the internet it's easy to do transactions between the two accounts.

Oh I loved all that - made me laugh.   Does sum up this country though.......

Just a thought;   maybe the bank already 'holding' the account didn't want to lose it, so they were damned if they were going to be of much help  - because it's a drop in account numbers, and amount of euros going through branch, with possible 'knock-on' effects, ie reduction in opening hours.

That's something else I think some of us certainly find difficult out here.  One week local branch is open 5 days a week, 6 hours a day - following week hours reduced and only open the 4 days a week.    Aaaarrrggghhhhh  !!!!