Advice please Chateau de Chantilly

SC

I'm going to a concert at the Chateau de Chantilly in July and wondered if anyone has any experience of large events there and can offer me some advice on travel, parking, final part of the route (from Brittany) and so on.

It's my intention to reserve a cheap hotel south of Paris and book in on the way up so that we have somewhere to kip for a few hours on the way home.

At the last concert I went to at Magny Cours, it took 2.5 hours to get out of the car park.....

TIA Steve

Why don't you book a hotel fairly near the venue, SC, so you could get the check-in done before the concert? Then you would know where it is for later, plus you would have a longer night's sleep, and thus a fresher start in the morning for your drive back.

Whenever I have been to spectacles that involve thousands of people leaving the car park at once, I have taken biscuits and a flask of coffee with me, so we can just sit and wait for the initial rush to subside, and then leave calmly. Doesn't get you out any quicker, but it's less frustrating!

Angela

Well, Oiseau, I can think of an exception; remember when we left a certain chateau before the declaiming was over and to avoid the field being turned into a mud bath by exiting cars? I hesitate to say the name of the place as it still gives me the shivers. And boy was it cold 'n wet.

It did however have the only evidence of Jansenism I have come across in France.

Ok, then, WB.

That is indeed another equally valid option, to leave just BEFORE the end. I have done that: on the above occasion (mostly because of - valid - grumbles from my left about "declaiming"!); after large National Trust events due to culminate in a firework display (sprint for the car park as the first bang sounds); and (don't tell Betty!) towards the end of an Eddie Izzard gig in Dublin, to be first in the taxi queue.

Angela