La poste

[quote user="woody234"]Does anyone know if the france poste is working okay this week, I sent a letter from the uk on thursday and the post office says it will take 2 to 3 days, its going to deux sevres[/quote]

Well, that would be normal, surely?

With a daysworth of strike every week, you'd have to reckon on 3 - 4, but no more.  

I always found the internal french postal service to be slow. Two days in our dept and when son was in school in the adjacent dept letters could take up to 10days with 1st class stamp, we were a 20 minute drive to his school in the leading town in that Dept, not as if he was off at school nulle part.

So how can you tell if they are on strike or not? I never could.

[quote user="idun"]I always found the internal french postal service to be slow. [/quote]

Funny but we find the opposite, internal post is quick, two days, and even goods from the UK  arrive in four to six days.

That said, we never receive parcels on a Monday, always Tuesday or Wednesday.

I agree with you, Bugsy, we never seem to get any post on a Monday when we are in our house in France.

We posted an important letter here in England on Monday.

It arrived at its destination (near Perpignan) this morning, Saturday!

Normally I would expect it to get there by the Thursday. Even the Estate Agent seemed to think the delay was something to do with the strike (greve in French!)