Dressing up as a Clown and Scaring People

Forget economic meltdown, the American election, and Russia preparing for World War 3, it seems that the biggest threat facing humanity today are people dressing up as clowns and scaring you. Boo.

Did you know that the craze of 'dressing up as a clown and scaring people' actually started in St Amand Montrond !!!!!! The only difference was that the 'scary bit' was the houses he was trying to sell. The dressing up as clown bit was actually his work clothes. LOL.

What motivates someone to dress up as a clown and try and scare people ?

It's a stupid "craze".

However, I personally don't like clowns, I just avoid them whenever possible ?

It brings back memories of a 10 year old son wanting to buy his "girlfriend" a gift from Venice when we went on holiday many moons ago. We toured around Venice and saw so many of those horrid masks, if I never see one again it will be too soon. On the plus side, loved Venice.

Its a stupid craze and thanks to social media its spread like wildfire.

I am so glad that I am old enough to refuse to have a smartphone because if I were in my 20's today I would definitely be out in a clown suit with a mask and a threatening looking hopefully false weapon getting myself into no end of trouble[:D]

As much as I always avoided running with the crowd, would never do what everyone else was doing or talking about even at my wise old age I can see that it would be a real crack to get right into this one!

I never would have had the money to buy an outfit and back then the shops didnt sell stuff like that, we had to content ourselves with driving our cars peering through half ping pong balls stuck over our eyes to frighten people looking like the bloke off the kung fu series, dont try this at home children, driving without peripheral vision is for idiot Chancers.