Eymet is back in the news again I see...

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4018946/The-town-immigrants-fed-migration-Failing-schools-filthy-streets-benefit-fraud-ROBERT-HARDMAN-dispatch-accuse-Brexiteers-racist-read.html

I could just imagine a DFS sofa with an empty fast food carton on a street in Eymet. Not to mention a bloke sat on the street drinking a bottle of pills super strength.

Hypocracy methinks.

Have you considered seeking professional help with your obsession?

All of the things you describe can be found within 25 metres of my place and its not due to immigrants, I am the only one and its me that clears up all the mess[:(]

I have for the moment at least foiled the Lidl 9% canette drinkers by "re-looking" the low wall retaining the planted area beside my place with anti-climb paint that never dries, this stuff really does what it says on the tin I can tell you! Easy to spot the piccoleurs now as they sport battleship grey stains on their backsides

How many times do you see articles about immigrants moving to a particular area/town/city in the UK and 'destroying the way of life' with everyone up in arms.

But it is ok for the British to move to other countries (France lets say) and do the say. That is my point.

And don't say the British abide by the rules in France, because we know some (quite a few if one believes the hype) don't.

Eymet is 50 % British whereas Sheffield is not even close to that figure with regards to immigration. It is like 15% or something like that. probably a lot less.

It is all hypocrisy. Just saying.

How weird, Chancer.

Our bit of Pas de Calais rarely finds litter.

Or graffiti.

About the only time one sees litter as such, is on the autoroute or péage, when a car bearing GB comes past and fag packets, sweetie wrappers, apple cores etc are chucked out of a window......

Sometimes there are pee-filled 2 litre water bottles, which HGV drivers also chuck out of the windows, yet not often and these are quickly cleared away.

ALBF wrote,

Eymet is 50 % British whereas Sheffield is not

even close to that figure with regards to immigration. It is like 15% or

something like that. probably a lot less.

Perhaps you should have used Slough, Leicester or Luton, which are all now

over 50% non white British, Birmingham will be on the list also by the end of

this decade apparently.

Gluestick, the piccoleurs often dont litter, they used to but i would often go out and confront/shame  them with a bin liner, these are alcohol dependant cossoces  working in the supposedly alcohol free zero tolerance Airbus factory that come out on their tea break, now they either throw their cans and Junk food wrappers into my car park or will walk in and chuck it in my dustbins or recycling bins which used to cause me immense grief having to sort out as the bin Na5is wont accept anything not in the right coloured sac, no glass, no paper etc.

Now when they sit down they get greasy grey paint on their drunken ar5es and the problem has gone away for the moment, I will have to tackle it again next spring, left to their own devices the people around here would soon have the street looking like the one in the photo, indeed it was worse when I moved in, I have made a concerted effort over the years, some neighbouring properties have gained some pride and redone their façades, the commune spent a million euros urbanising and pedestrianising the to tray and stop the cars parking on every pavement and grass verge but is a constant battle and i am the only one fighting it.

The problem is the workers in the Airbus factory that live mainly in the cité ouvrières in the neighbouring town, these workers in a dry factory with zero tolerance to alcohol (instant dismissal) making the most safety critical of an Airbus, the cockpit, when they have lunch in the canteen (run by the CE) every one is given a free pichet of red wine [:'(] of course not everyone drinks but they have to hand over their ration to those who do, and those who cannot last another 4 hours without a top up come out to drink on the street in their tea break looking just like the image that ALBF portrays.

There are certainly a few on the street corners with the beer, although not usually special brew! One of them used to be our neighbour..who took to alcohol after his wife died. They are all quite elderly and not all British.

I would say, honestly, that having a large British population living in one place does cause problems, especially when they don't make any effort to speak the language. I was talking to my GP about it the other week. He was saying how most of his patients were shocked by the vote to leave the EU and most said they would stay in France whatever. However he was also quite shocked that one or two had voted leave, and specifically in these cases they were the very people who had made no effort to learn any French or to integrate into the French community. They make life much more difficult for those of us that do try and make life difficult for those attempting to provide essential services, who are expected to be bi-lingual. Some of our elderly French neighbours have complained that they are surrounded by English speaking families that they are unable to communicate with, and that is not good. Eymet is actually a very tolerant place with few of the problems you a highlight and a good, lighthearted approach to most of those that exist.

I'm not sure you can compare it with Slough. My sister lives there so I've visited often and I've never met whole streets of people that were unable to speak English. Most residents are second generation, British and speak better English than many English people, even though they might dress differently.

In Slough I can get my eyebrows threaded by an Indian beautician for £2.00 and in Eymet I can buy PG tips for 5 euros!

Referring to Sheffield, Mr Hardman said

"After a few hours spent here, your average Islingtonian or Hampsteadite might think a little differently"

That would only apply if he/she has never walked around near Kings Cross station and seen the very British bums reclining on layers of cardboard, surrounded by empty beer cans and shouting at passers by.

You can even see one or two begging for beer money on Google Earth. Try looking along Pentonville Road for a start.

Good post Lindal 1000.

The British are so sôdding arrogant, lets not pretend otherwise. Don't get me started about the British press.

Some time ago we had a salesman around for some windows and he was selling us 'his' windows and the conversation digressed for some reason or another (guessing I was British) about his mothers village. He really went purple (whilst trying to sell us windows) about his mothers village that was mostly populated by British. He was not impressed.

He said they just look after themselves. British builders, food, this that and the other. I can't remember exactly where it was but I think it was in the Charante. He did not much like the British. I am not making this up, this is true.

When I read idiot articles about immigration in the UK, it makes me so blôody mad because we act the same.

We did buy the windows BTW. Well installed as well.

Well, the answer is obvious - stop the French people in these villages selling to the damn British - problem solved.

Persuade young French couples to take on run-down old rural houses, refurbish them and live in the villages. No need then to worry about being taken over by foreigners.

Well that is the point.

Residential areas of UK towns and cities have become predominately Asian, Polish, Roma or whatever because indigenous populations have sold up and moved out. People like to live in communities with people they can relate to. It works both ways.

But, the British can't complain about such areas of the UK whilst the British do the same in other countries.

Do the French sell up in Eymet because they don't want to live in a British community in France ? I guess some do.

Like I said, it is all hypocrisy.

"The British are so sôdding arrogant, lets not pretend otherwise. "

Says a hausfrau who spends all their days telling other people how and where they should live their lives.

By the way, real life is wherever you live and real France is anywhere in France

Most of the Brtis I knew in the Vendee and those whom I have met in the Pas de C. and who are permanent seem to have gone to immense trouble to learn French and to be part of their local community, if that is what they want. I see no signs of arrogance or unpleasantness.

That they are (not all by any means) willing to buy up the decrepit rural patrimoine or France and save it from slow death is surely a tribute to them. Though, don't underestimate the number of French people who do the same.

As for Eymet, not harmed, nice little place, not for me. Paris with all its sh*tty snobbish residents would be much worse.

ALBF, it does sound as if you have opened that bottle of red a little too early, but that is typical of expat Brits who come here for the cheap booze.

Teetotal eh, funnily enough there is a UK news storey that has just broken about a Muslim footballer who says he doesn't drink, yet he has just been banned from driving for 18 months and fined £54.000. Must be great to be teetotal? I suppose the best thing about being teetotal is that you never buy a round of drinks.

[quote user="NickP"]"The British are so sôdding arrogant, lets not pretend otherwise. "

Says a hausfrau who spends all their days telling other people how and where they should live their lives.

By the way, real life is wherever you live and real France is anywhere in France
[/quote]

Just as it is![:D]  Frankly, I am a bit tired of all the talk about I live in the "real" France, in "MY" France, etc etc.

France is a big, diverse, (mostly) beautiful country.  You choose the part you want to live in and voilà, there you go............no great complication unless you choose to make things difficult for yourself!

Lots of space, properties ranging from dirt cheap to luxurious; just take your pick and, if you get it wrong, lots of other regions, areas, towns to move to and, as I have said, Bob's your uncle!

I'll stick with 'MY' France.

I do not recognise lots of stuff on here. It REALLY feels like some, (not all), are talking about somewhere else and a 'people' I haven't got a clue about.

And some of the stuff, I find disparaging to french people, sounds like they are in some way retarded, well to me it does, especially about their spending habits.

French people consume, look at the Darty web site, IF I believed the frugality of french people as spoke of on here, then where are the 10" black and white sets, rather than, tv's from about 100€ to well over 26K€ YES, I did mean twenty six thousand euros!  With all prices in between.

And I do not know of one french person without a 100 odd, 200 whatever tv channels and rale because there is nothing to watch!

And they now have the french equivalent of that Thermomix, now Moulinex are doing one for 900€.  Who is buying this stuff then????

Saw few 'old' phones like mine in France either.

There are some things that do alter french spending habits, that I grant you........... and  that is restriction on debt, which covers renting and mortgages to any loan including for a car. That is always a consideration, as people need a roof over their head.  But this lack of envie for stuff, well............mon oeil!

So for anyone who gets sick of 'MY' France, well, are you not even curious as to why I would even feel that my France is so different?????????

Incidentally, I am a l'aise with my France, it is a glorious mix of life.