Fillon

cajal

Thing is, who will be surprised by this....... isn't this pretty normal.

We had friends, sadly they are no longer, who worked at a main french ministry, and the ministers were given cash, huge amounts of cash, I believe every year, and they would distribute it, as they saw fit.

And a few days ago, it was on french news all about someone, yet another of these politicians, who were being accused of having such funds, which meant that he had, literally cash in hand, if memory serves, 10k€ a month that he declared to no one. Someone authorises these amounts and dishes them out, why are they not in the dock.

The system is very very strange, and I do not know if such a system exists in other countries, and may never.

I reckon that story about this politician the other day would have shocked me rigid if I hadn't known that it was all simply french traditional politics.

Thus far he seems to have done nothing wrong, though the later amounts do seem a little high. It is apparently quite permitted within the FRench system and is governed by a setz of clear rules.

73 deputies employ family members in this way.

One wonders if this is not part of a concerted effort to smear Fillon?

It is legal to emploi his wife: the problem is that she is alleged to have done no work.

This constitutes an emploi fictif punishable by prison

http://www.francesoir.fr/politique-france/emplois-fictifs-d%C3%A9finition-quelle-peine-encourue-risques-penelope-fillon-fran%C3%A7ois-loi-droit-jurisprudence-thierry-vallat-avocat

Of course he is far from the only French politician to be accused of this, but he has built a reputation for being 'clean' as opposed to Sarkozy, and given his programme of cuts and austerity for everyone else the scale of the payments (9000€ a month) and the hypocrisy risk damaging him.

There is speculation as to the source of the leaks.

Both Hollande and Sarkozy who hasn't forgiven what his PM for beating him have axes to grind..

[quote user="NormanH"]It is legal to emploi his wife: the problem is that she is alleged to have done no work.

This constitutes an emploi fictif punishable by prison[/quote]

I doubt anyone will question the legality of this arrangement. However, a remark his wife made during the primaries that "I do not get involved in my husbands political affairs" could certainly  have a ring of truth about it.

Anway, I await the outcome of the state prosecutors investigation.

€500,000 for coasting......nice work if you can get it.

I had forgotten Ms Rachida Dati who was rejected for a nice Paris constituency in the upcoming election by Fillon and who has been breathing fire ever since.

She used to be Minister of Justice under Sarkozy and would have been well placed to get the low down on Fillon's employment pending. And to do this dirty work for Sarkozy.

In fact she hinted at it in various tweets a couple of years ago.

Hell, as they say. hath no fury, like a Dati scorned.