Fed up with Brit tourists ? - You can't blame Brexit !!!

It is all kicking off across Europe.

It seems that the British (and others I guess) are not welcome.

http://www.express.co.uk/travel/articles/841843/holidays-2017-anti-tourism-protests-where-map

I kinda of understand to be fair. I don't like the way tourists behave....Brits in particular.

I am not going to mention the Dordogne.....oops I just did.

Perhaps Brexit a good thing ?????

If Easyjet and Ryanair go out of business hopefully life will get back to normal in Europe.

Well Lidl 1000....did you know that 80% + + traffic on Brittany Ferries is British ???? I guess it is the same on Le Shuttle. Methinks Brexit will sort that out. lol.

Maybe everyone across Europe will then get a good night sleep during their summer holidays !!!...and in ski resorts !!! Can't be dealing with drunken Brits to be honest.

Allez Chancer, name and shame.

Who are the worst tourists chez Chancer ?

Allez Chancer, name and shame.

Who are the worst tourists chez Chancer ?

Expressive children who have no boundarys and who (understandably) truly believe the universe is centred on their desires and whims. Doesnt matter what the nationality its down to the parenting. The Brit ones tend to be feral and have no communication skills and you can see this worsen as they get older, the Dutch on the other hand are just noisy expressive and naughty but charming and exploitative, always very nice and good parents, and then something strange happens above the age of say 8 they become the nicest best behaved children and adolescents that it has ever been my pleasure to meet.

My guess is that they have an unrestrained home life but a very disciplined school life, whatever I really like the Dutch customers and can live with children being children.

Brit numbers are already massively down, they made up 80% of last summers customers, I doubt they are 5% of this years, the Dutch are the new 80%

Australians conspicuous by their absence this year, maybe they will be more nombreux outside of the high season, I do hope so.

The absolute worst was during the Euro football competition or whatever it was last year, tattooed of parents and grandparents who think it is beneficial to take the tattooed kids out of school so they can sit in a French bar shouting "Ingerland Ingerland here we go, here we go" watching the footy on Sky while the parents get bladdered.

The downside of having so many happy satisfied Dutch customers is that they are very diligent in leaving reviews (usually in perfect English) and will say things like "superb" "wonderfull" "best place we have ever stayed in" "could not be bettered" etc, whats wrong with that you ask? - Well they always give the same score 7.5/10, they are awarding 3 out of 4 for every category which serves to drag down my average of 9.2, the sheer number of them leaving reviews means I need every other Customer for the rest of the year to leave a 10/10 to get my average back. Either something culturally means you can never give full marks or its a smartphone thing and the default is 3 out of 4, i dont get to see the customers user interface.

[quote user="alittlebitfrench"] Allez Chancer, name and shame. Who are the worst tourists chez Chancer ?[/quote]

A new entrant at in the number one place and one that any others will find hard to displace.

French youths, age hard to define but lets say 20-25 that want to party and imbibe illegal substances without fear of the authorities, they have already trashed their way through the budget chain hôtels who have had to up their game and defences to deter them or flush them out, the sort of people you read about that rent an AirBnB apartment and then destroy it together with the peace of the other poor résidents, Norman I hope you dont suffer any of these but they are actively searching remote furnished places to waste themselves in.

This is the 3rd lot and I am getting quite Wise to them but still Wise enough, the good news is that they are crestfallen when they realise that the owner lives on site and will be keeping a very very close eye on them if need be, that prevents the noise and disruption to the other renters but not the trashing of the apartment, not willful but neglectful and lacking totally in respect or consideration of others, stinking of Tobacco and other substances, tobacco, other herbal substances and rubbish strewn everywhere, they must have spent €200 on crisps, cakes, sandwiches, ice cream and any Junk that does not need cooking in Simply Market, where do they get the money from? no I would prefer not to know.

30 minutes after check out time they were all still wallowing in their filth and incoherent, a couple comatose in the beds, I threw them all out and a couple I had to do with firemans lifts down the stairs, shame I recently prevented the upper floor Windows from opening all the way or they would have gone out that way.

The name and address given I think were probably false, the phone number and the credit card détails certainly were, you live and learn and become better prepared for the next time, I think they were local, say within 40kms despite the booking giving an address in another region of France, next time all the ID cards will be photocopied and the car reg recorded, the latter alone would have told me that the address and card détails were likely to be false.

No material losses apart from a lot of time spent cleaning and deodorising, nothing damaged beyond repair and to have only had 2 instances like that in 3000 nights rented I cant complain, the other 2 groups of youngsters behaved themselves, left on time, paid for the extra people that they sneaked in, smoked outside and generally had a miserable time [:D] the other bad instance was a couple of middle aged Brit alcoholics from Bristol.

Unfortunate that you are in a relatively cooler, more densely populated area than we do.

Here they hold outdoor "raves" in the garrigue, sometimes breaking into and trashing isolated houses, possibly occasionally starting forest fires, but I think the Gendarmes and Pompiers are keeping up with them with lookouts, helicopters and light aircraft.

EDIT:The old Four de chaux - lime kiln building near us, it used to have a carved stone plaque on the wall, which was smashed, has been trashed several times.

It belonged to a neighbour who committed suicide. I don't know if there was any connection. Google Earth position is 43.320449776, 2.56193293065 (Four de chaux) 

I have just had last minute reservation for tonight, same M.O. as the trashers, reservation made by a woman for 2 people in a larger apartment rather than the cheaper studio, address incomplete but googling shows it to be a 25 minute drive from here.

When they turn up they could well be a middle aged couple but if they are young then they are going to jump through the hoops, the exact thing that my business model avoids and the vast majority of decent customers appreciate.

I often find when its a married couple but not married to each other [;-)] that its always the woman that makes the reservation and they pay cash, the guy is more often than not a businessman and sometimes the female has just flown in from an Eastern European country bringing with her all the supplies for a diner chandelier.

These of course cause no problems or disruption but there are so many similarities that I wonder whether there is a special website that the guys are using?

The place made its money from that from when it was built in the 1920's right up to 1974, long after brothels became illegal in 1948 IIRC.

The whole line of buildings were different commercial fronts for the same real activity including a coiffeur.

Something for the week-end sir? [:P]

The young couple turned up, they looked just like the others but I know better than anyone not to judge a book by its cover, I put them through a polite but firm grilling, photocopied ID's etc I felt bad in my heart as I was doing so and they were grinning and making signs to each other as if to say "get this old fool!".

They are like all the others perfect quiet and respectful renters, I will eat my hat tomorrow if it turns out not to be the case.

In the meantime I have worked out a way to lock the wallbeds from deploying, and the cupboards containing the bedding for the extra beds and the Zed-beds which should put a stop to those who book for and pay for 2 and then sneak in others so every cloud has a silver lining or something to learn from it.

I have just seen your whatevertheycallit photo, very fitting,!shame they are so small and my eyes cant work out what they are.

Those fed up with Brit tourists might not be fed up much longer if the £ continues it's decline to below Euro parity as many currency analysts predict by early next year! I am sure many of those Brits who voted for Brexit did not anticipate that their French/Spanish holidays might become unaffordable as a result.