nasty day

What a thoroughly nasty day; winds up to 100kph, driving horizontal sleet. Have had to rescue some flower pots.

Big bang made the dogs and I jump. It seems that a tile from the neighbours roof flew off and landed on the nice, expensive 4x4 parked below. Nasty

Which reminds me of the golden rule I used to have when I first came to the Vendee and lived high on the Vendee hills - do not go outside in storms or gusts as you could be hit by falling tiles. Usually when the storm subsided It took quite some time to pick up the shattered evidence.

So, it is wrapping Xmas pressies, reading, DVDs and maybe a little counting sheep (as they fly past the window!)

Drove through the Pas de Calais late morning to the Eurotunnel, I dont think that I have ever experienced winds so bad as at Coquelles, it was lifting all the cars up and down on their suspension, hope it blew out before getting to my place or I might have to go straight back.

Snowing when I left, motorway fubar but at least the snowplows were out for the final 50km to Calais, M20 sleet everywhere and the drivers wiper started falling off, pretty frightening fixing it on the hard shoulder, nose to tail artics and no visibility, never worked so quick.

Then when I got to Gatwick 5 mins from pied à terre out comes the sun and the roads were dry.

Pretty cold living in a shed though that had been closed up for the winter, will take a few days to warm through, the UFH is working, the room temp is slowly coming up but the floor is still freezing as if it is not working at all.

Did the storm travel South?

Keep safe and sound you chaps:

We can't do without you[:)]

It's not too bad down here when you remember that àn the sunny days it feels much warmer in direct sunlight than the temperature announced:

[URL=http://s253.photobucket.com/user/bfb_album/media/Screenshot_2017-12-10_18-34-16_zpsouhrxkag.png.html][IMG]http://i253.photobucket.com/albums/hh80/bfb_album/Screenshot_2017-12-10_18-34-16_zpsouhrxkag.png[/IMG][/URL]

The ferry was échoué at exactly the time I was embarquing, seemingly 120km/h winds, only Suicidal Sid would leave harbour in a slab sided land crab in those conditions.

The wind was lifting all the vehicles mine included to the droop limit of their suspensions.