Electricity consumption

I would hazard a guess that it is before fixed charges and TVA as the correspondence appears to state that you used the equivalent of €1.20 of electricity per day and not that the amount of electricity used per day cost you €1.20. I might be splitting hairs here but hey, I'm not an EDF mind reader.

As to a comparison with others, apples and oranges I'm afraid.

A 'tarif de base' 6kw supply, which I'd expect most to be using, will cost you €100 p/a which is €0.24 per day which leaves around €0.94 for the electricity itself which roughly translates to 6 kWh per day which I guess is doable for a careful single person household not using electricity for heating or cooking but your monthly or quarterly bill should give you a breakdown of what's what.

Our total cost per day for the last 5 years, when our bills stabilised following estimations for a couple of years after we moved into this house, was:

2013   2€34 per day

2014   2€36 per day

2015   2€75 per day

2016   2€61 per day

2017   2€68 per day

Supplier is Direct Energie, "Online" offer, 12 KVA.

The standing charges and other overheads are between 20% and 22% of the total cost.

The variation has not been analysed, but is probably due to use or non-use of the heat pump system and trips away during the summer, which have become less frequent in recent years.

We have electric water heater, off peak only, heating/aircon by air/air heat pumps, pellet stove in very cold weather, washing machine and dryer only used during afternoon off-peak hours. Most lighting LED, a few low energy bulbs not yet replaced, fluorescent fixtures in garage and remise.

• 3 weeks later...
I don't really have an alternative choice, I don't think, as I have two adjoining houses on one meter, and have to have 12kva. I have two chauffe-eaus. I pay €150 per month. I have two radiators in the main house, in the bathrooms, which are on very low 24/7, and a log stove. In the cottage, there is also a log stove, plus three electric radiators. I don't suppose it would pay me to change?

[quote user="Chancer"]look at your annual HC and HP consumption, the whole year not just the winter months, if your annual HC consumption is not at least half of the HP consumption then you are losing money.[/quote]

Good tip! Thanks a lot Chancer!