Boost to forum membership

parsnips

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes again before the cursor appears in the message box and I can type, during that time I can edit the title, change fonts etc but nothing else, rebooted computer this morning no different.

The quote function does work for me but what I cannot do is copy and paste some text rather than formally quoting someone or more imortantly copy and paste someones non clickable link, I can get the cursor to the start of the text but blocking it is impossible, only happens on this forum, I have to go into the quote window and manually block the text with CTRL and Arrow keys.

All in all its too much of a work up, too many hoops to jump through as if living in France I do not already have enough of those, just not Worth the effort as I suspect many others have decided.

There is a golden opportunity at the moment but if the forum owners arent bothered than thats their prerogative.

Too many hoops for me.

[quote user="Chancer"]

5 minutes again before the cursor appears in the message box and I can type, during that time I can edit the title, change fonts etc but nothing else, rebooted computer this morning no different.[/quote]

Re that problem, I find that if I left click, then start typing, it works OK - well, sortof[:)]

[quote user="nomoss"][quote user="Chancer"]

5 minutes again before the cursor appears in the message box and I can type, during that time I can edit the title, change fonts etc but nothing else, rebooted computer this morning no different.[/quote]

Re that problem, I find that if I left click, then start typing, it works OK - well, sortof[:)]

[/quote]

Ah, that problem. I had that a while back and blamed my elderly PC as it wasn't a problem on the newer one. Old one running XP, some version of pentium with 2 gb ram several blown electrolytic capacitors and the case open to assist cooling. Newer running Win 10. i5 processor with 4 gb ram.

I cant' quote using chrome browser from either windows or a chromebook, and can't even start a new paragraph, but I wouldn't hold your breath Chancer, I don't think the forum serves any useful purpose for Archant now. I can't see them putting any effort into fixing anything.

This is my final posting on this forum unless someone can be botherd to sort out the myriad problems, living where I do in France I have more than enough hoops to jump through every day just to lead a normal life without additional ones, I have no more paint to watch dry. Given its continued deterioration since the las new and improved user experience I wont hold my breath.

Its a shame because (albeit with its lack of active posters) this forum has always remained a friendly tolerant place compared to others, that one of those is closing would have been a major opportunity for this one but as the software seems completely incompatible with all browsers and people cannot do even basic functions like use an emoticon, create a link, or in my case simply respond to a posting people would either have to be daft or desperate, I am not going to continue being either.

Nothing wrong with my ipad thank you.

I just personally think tablets are a waste of time and money. Killing my eyes.

I like the ipad pro though. That works for me.

So yes, Chromebook for Chancer.

I will check if I can quote on the forum later using my daughters. I just need to crack the password before I can use it..

Chromebooks are superb. No need for anit virus software. You have the google version of office. You have photos. You have apps. You have everything.

Unless you are a gamer, or manipulate photos or videos, why buy anything else ?

CHANCER - BUY A CHROMEBOOK.

Get rid of that windows piece of shît that you use.