French motorists are just thick as...

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please take your own advice. You are obviously not prepared to understand what I wrote.

Driving in France is one of the things that makes living here great. The roads, the lack of traffic and the endless countryside are wonderful things. I’m afraid when I read the horror stories about terrible driving and tailgating by all the French drivers on the roads that’s so far from my experience I find it hard to believe. My world is great.

Brittany is hardly representative France Brit.

Try commuting into Paris, Lyon, Marseille, Nice or wherever on a daily basis and then report back. Lyon is by FAR the worse. Maniacs !!!

In fact leave Paris on a Friday night to drive to Brittany for the weekend or even worse on a bank holiday and then back again after lunch on a Sunday/ Monday !!! We used to do that all the time. That is scary. I still have the mental scars.

Or leave Lyon on a Friday night and drive to a ski resort and then back again on Sunday evening.

France has loads of traffic free roads. The reason is of course, hardly anyone lives there.

Back in reality and crowded roads, the statistics speak for themselves.

Cajal said:

"The label of autoroutes and motorways having slow, middle and fast lanes is a misconception. On a 3 lane highway there is a driving lane and 2 overtaking lanes"

That is not always the case. A party trick for kids from the suburbs in Paris is to drive down the A15 (and other autoroutes I guess) in between the lanes....i.e creating their own lane in between the fast lane and the middle lane. They will then jump into spaces and cross to an invisible lane between the driving/slow lane and the middle lane.

They don't do it slowly either and they are probably on something and don't own the car.

Of course everyone gives them space.

Probably the most dangerous thing I have ever seen.

ALBF - sorry but that is always the case.

The fact that it is ignored as you suggest is how Trumpty Numty differentiates true news with fake news - Im sure you get the meaning I intend - it is true but .........

Please dont go that way and please expose it as what it is - illegal done by idiots.

!

"Whichever Cee’d you choose, don’t expect a thrilling driving experience. The Golf, Focus and Seat Leon are all much more satisfying in terms of steering response and agility (that even applies to sportier GT versions of the Cee’d from 2014 with their 1.6-litre turbocharged petrol engine). Having said that, if you simply want a car that is undemanding to drive, has a soft ride and isn’t too noisy, the Cee’d gives little cause for complaint".

This is the review of my car. I would be interested in what people on here consider to be a "thrilling" driving experience when driving on public roads either in rural areas or city traffic?

Or is it a case of how big is my own p.....

[quote user="NickP"]BritinBretagne wrote the following post at 12/02/2018 17:01:

There are parts everywhere.

What's that got to do with French drivers?[/quote]

Read the link oh humorous one and allnwill be revealed. I will now see if my spellchecker thinks I believe you are a part or a prat. Oh, it will allow me to write prat this time.