Postal Delays?

Gardian

I used to read ‘their stuff’ when I was younger and had time to waste, but no longer as I am busy with new projects.

By the does the use of ‘ their’ imply that you are more than one person? This would justify my thought that no single person could churn out so much twaddle. ??

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mrs G was talking to a UK-based friend yesterday and told her that (along with half a dozen others) her card still hadn’t shown up.

Our friend said that she had sent a parcel to her daughter in the USA and it had only just turned up. This, together with what I believe has been some general industrial action by Royal Mail employees during the Christmas run-up, leads me to believe that the problem has been UK-based. My cousin is an RM employee and I’ve asked him about my theory ....... but he’s been slow in replying !!

I really have not had any problems with the post this year.

Nothing has arrived late, bearing in mind that things can take a little longer in December.

Royal Mail have let us down in the past, but La Poste used to let us down all the time in France. Son's fiance worked for them and she told us all sorts about it and why it was so unreliable. Colleagues ace at blaming others for the problems.

What do you expect, guys, a nationalized company, responsible to no one, overstuffed, overpaid, protected by statute, overmighty unions, only work the minimum of hours , no incentive to do better ..... massive costs, monopoly..... No longer necessary, overhangs from the 19th century.

Stop sending cards, only send letters when necessary.....

wooly,  I think you summed up wonderfully how too many of the french postal staff in the centre de tri viewed their jobs. As it happened, where my son's fiance worked was closed and it was centralised in a big city, and if the staff their took the very same attitude then  the service is going to be lousy.

Our posties were usually good in France, the regular ones, if they were off, then it was quite another matter.

My parcel, sent on Dec 11, by "Royal Mail International Standard" appearing as "parcelforce international" on the tracking information (which ceased to report on Dec 22),  and mentioned near the beginning of this thread, finally turned up today - back with the sender!

This is due to the Ebay system's refusal to allow addresses here to be entered in the correct format for France.

The problems are that they have no punctuation between "lines" of the address presented to sellers, insist on the "Région" field being completed, which is unneccessary and confusing, and place the post code at the end, immediately before the country name.

Presumably the delivery organisation, whoever Royal Mail / parcelforce uses, spent the last month researching the town of "Roussillon".

There are at least five, none of which have post codes remotely resembling ours.

I just received aanother helpful message from Colissimo - "Colissimo vous informe que votre colis n° XXXXXXXX est en cours d'acheminement et sera livré à l'adresse suivante le mercredi 10 janvier 2018"

The only problem is that, as they haven't told me, I don't know who it is from.

I am currently awaiting delivery of nine items via Ebay and online retailers, and the number doesn't correspond with any numbers they have sent me.

Their tracking "service" seems to be based on the premise that receiving a parcel is such a rarity that there is no need to provide any further information.

Graham & Brenda wrote : Another card arrived today, posted in Romford on 13/12 !

Today at lunchtime we received one posted in central Sheffield on December 21st .. it's a shame that I cleared all evidence of Xmas away yesterday morning as everyone has now gone back to school or work. Still the card looks very jolly .. if rather lonely.

Still trickling in here, cards etc from mid December. It really detracts from the pleasure of receiving a card weeks after the event. All of the senders sent their cards in good time.

It's good the french don't make such a huge fuss about cards...

[quote user="idun"]Nomoss,csurely you were given a tracking number by the people sending it and the same number is used by the courrier. Least that is what I look for when marrying up things we have ordered ?[/quote]

Unfortunately not.

The only number from the seller was their order number - CPJPAWCCS

Collissimo's tracking number was: 6C00454836279

It arrived today anyway, but such tracking infomation is no use at all.