Le Tour

Le Tour is passing within 5kms of where we live on its Nimes - Nimes stage in 2 weeks time.

As it happened, we were today on the road which will be used for about 30kms of the route and (as you’d expect) the contractors were out in several places fixing the odd bit of dodgy road surface.

We were amused though over one major exercise. There’s a roadside ‘snack bar’ place that’s been abandoned and derelict for about 10 years. Periodically its been ‘torched’ by some of the locals looking for a bit of Saturday night entertainment. Never really understood why they did it and why they didn’t do a better job, because there was always enough of it left to sustain the eyesore.

Anyway ......... you guessed it. Full-on demolition in progress this afternoon, with a monster JCB and a couple of tippers taking the debris. Somebody will be round with liberal sprinklings of lavender blossom tomorrow !

Vive Le Tour.

He can’t help it Betty. Always been an ars$hole, always will be. But he needs our pity, not our barbs.

Actually no, the odd barb does no harm. And your’s are good ones !

However, his kind is the reason why I don’t bother much on here anymore. Shame really, but the likes of him couldn’t give a monkeys about anybody else, in spite of their self righteous politics.

Sorry - this was a thread about Le Tour.

Without the drugs?

"So smug, so judgemental, so intolerent" - I dont have a blue rinse, in fact very little hair (on the head).

I do believe that other sports discussed on here have been castigated by the very people who are now attacking me.

Biking is a pass-time not a sport, whether motorised or not.

Also a means of getting from A to B.