The Tiger Mosquito is spreading North

You really do have an uncanny knack for ‘flattening’ a thread, don’t you?

What started as Norman’s ‘info for everybody’ post, has descended in to an attack, albeit (for you) in quite a mild one.

You just don’t get it do you? Your contributions are usually quite unpleasant and confrontational. Differences of opinion can be expressed in a much more civilised manner than I’ve ever heard you express them. Your ‘skill’ is that you never go so much over the top as to get yourself banned - although I really do wonder whether there’s any moderation on here these days.

[quote user="Gardian"]You really do have an uncanny knack for ‘flattening’ a thread, don’t you?

What started as Norman’s ‘info for everybody’ post, has descended in to an attack, albeit (for you) in quite a mild one.

You just don’t get it do you? Your contributions are usually quite unpleasant and confrontational. Differences of opinion can be expressed in a much more civilised manner than I’ve ever heard you express them. Your ‘skill’ is that you never go so much over the top as to get yourself banned - although I really do wonder whether there’s any moderation on here these days.[/quote]

I assume you're addressing that richard-with-a-small-r person?

I stopped reading his pathetic efforts at joining in some time ago.

When I see his name I just pass on to the next contributor, in the same way one absentmindedly brushes away annoying insects buzzing near one's face.

Ahso, this illegal immigrant is getting into Europe via Malta. Can these boatloads of buzzing creatures not be turned away, sent back to the country from which they came to spread death and destruction there rather than polluting the good, clean countries of the EU.

[quote user="grumpyaudeman"]richard51 said "Give quillan my regards."

He lived in Axat

Quillan is a crap town lived nearby for two years and left[/quote]

Leaving aside your undoubtedly perceptive view of towns in southern Aude, which I find quite pleasant, I add a couple of remarks about Quillan, a past moderator of, and prolific contributor to, this forum.

Actually he lived in Belvianes, between Quillan and Axat, where he owned and ran a popular and successful B&B for several years.

I don't now him personally, but have corresponded with him occasionally.

After unfortunately losing his beloved wife, and suffering a series of strokes, he is now back in the UK where he is being properly looked after, as befits a very courageous ex serviceman.

I'm sure others on here who appreciated his input in the past will want to wish him well.

Yes, was upset to hear of his troubles. We did chat irregularly and as someone said, he was a voice of reason when things used to get rather hot here.

Last I heard he was having a house built and was giving up sailing.

Does anyone know how bad his strokes are, can he email still.

I know he has a son or more who will be looking after him as needed, I am sure.

All the best Chris.