Real rural village life

[quote user="mint"]

I have just glanced at our village newsletter where mention was made of the barrier to be constructed next year.  Most amused to see that instead of giving the name of the road or the family who owns the orchard, it states that this will be built à coté chez Mint![/quote]

That will be to enable accounts to know who to send the 'Facture' to.

[quote user="mint"]
Accepted or not, it seems that everyone is expected to know our name![:-))][/quote]

Yes. So as they will all know who to thank for paying the 'Facture'.

You've got to be joking, Cajal.  The works cost tens of thousands of euros and even my MINT will not be able to print out money fast enough![:D]

Will let you know what the facture is when it arrives and what I will have done with it![:P]

Our brains are programmed to react to 'strangers'. Babies usually react to 'strangers' picking them up or coo'ing at them.  Their sound is an alert! as parents always know their own baby's cry..... sort of serves as a baby burglar alarm.

I think that it is easy to forget that we are basically 'animals' with a working primitive part of our brains which is there to protect us.

And this thread resounds with me, as there could be a degree of animosity between the local villages. I never noticed it in England, but I was a townie anyway growing up and I suppose the nearest I saw to that was football supporters.