French nationality remains best in the world

idun

On the side panel there is an article with the above title.

I don't understand it, is it french people saying that being french is having the best nationality in the world???

Anyone can help me understand.

I do know that for all I am happy to be english, I would never say that I was of a nationality that was the 'best in the world' because I don't know, I don't know enough of the 'world' to judge. And it would sound very arrogant.

And yet everyone knows that the french are usually, fier d'etre francais..... but I am not french[Www] and never could be, because I could never completely think and feel like a french person, no matter how much has rubbed off on me.[blink]

I have no  time for nationalism. It veers so quickly into prejudice and hatred towards others.
To claim that any nationality

is the 'best in the world' is silly. Most of us have had no choice in

any case, although it is true that I am in the process of applying for

French nationality. In fact the one thing that has made me feel a little

uneasy about it is the way I have had to justify it to myself in ways I

am not used  to doing.

Google QNI and you will find the following:

Kälin and Kochenov’s Quality of Nationality Index (QNI) is the first index of its kind to objectively rank the quality of nationalities worldwide. It explores both the internal factors (such as economic strength, human development, and peace and stability) and the external factors (including visa-free travel and the ability to settle and work abroad without cumbersome formalities) that make one nationality better than another in terms of a legal status through which to develop your talents and business.

So no, it’s not French people claiming top spot for themselves. It’s based on objective criteria, although I’ve no idea who K & K are. More Googling required.

Angela

Thanks for that explanation auxadrets.

And based on that, I do rather think it is all a load of 'nonsense'. 

As I said, my experience of other countries is limited, I have visited quite a few, but as there are so  many on the planet, that is hardly any really.

However, I can think of other countries that surely would top this, like at least one of the Scandanavian countries, or even New Zealand?

Turkey, also not at all on my list of places to visit either. I am sure that there are some interesting places to see in Turkey proper, but no, not for me.

My Dad often said he fancied visiting Istanbul, and yet he never did in spite of visiting a lot of the world.