Chessie

Thanks Sue.  I have just sent her an email.  Hopefully not over stepping my bounds by doing so.

I know when I quit posting here, a LONG time ago, I had fallen into a very low spot and I somehow felt that same vibe from her last post.  Different drama, but same despair.

Hopefully she is okay.

Lori wrote : I've sent her an email. Hopefully she is okay.

Good thing to do .. I think I can safely say that most of us on here care about Chessie .. so I hope she is okay too.

But she is a big girl .. so needs to do what she knows is right for her and her OH, which might include not being on here from time to time.

Mind you I could be wrong ?

I, too, agree with Sue.  From time to time she feels the need to let off steam but I believe that she is resilient and copes very well.

I understand you too, Lori.  It's just that you want to help but feel powerless to do so.  Alas, France is a very big country and most of us are hundreds of kilometres from each other.

Yes, Judith, lots of us are "attacking" our tax form![:D]

I am doing it on line this year, if it kills me.  But expect many pleas for help on here[I]

Lori, be reassured about Chessie, she has posted on her own thread about lost car keys.  I am sure she is touched and grateful for your concern[:)] 

Yes, very glad to hear back from her.

Thankfully, our French taxes have been done.  U.S. taxes too.  Even did our daughter's U.S. taxes and my mother's U.S. taxes...

All done during confinement.

Mint, the first online submissin is the worst, and you'll get help on here, if you ask, as you already have I see.  I did mine two weeks ago, to stop the "hanging over me syndrome", I was having a bad weekend, it was raining, I had just had health news I did not really want (now over that, but still could have done without the news whose problem has not gone away - advanced melanoma!) Treatment started, no obvious side effects so far, we shall see.

As for the tax form, well it took my mind off that other matter, and so I got it done .. but I do wish OH would add up his income in the opposite way to the one he does ... I have to do it all again, but this year, for the first time, I created a spread sheet for the incomes, which at least adds it up for me .. I will not tell you how many different answers I got when I used a calculator ..

Good luck,  and keep asking as you need to.

Than you, Judith, you dear kind lady[:)]  You have hit the nail on the head and exposed my total lack of relationship with "les chiffres"[:P].  Calculators?  Yes, funny how they give me different results all the time[8-)]

For a short while, I had a temporary job, sitting next to an accountancy clerk.  Tap, tap, tap next to me whilst I was still squinting at the column of figures in dismay.  Then, I did what I noticed her doing.  She'd run a ruler down the column so that she would only read one figure at a time.  Genius!  I thought, now why didn't I think to do that?[:-))]

However, more or less, I have hidden my almost total lack of figure-nous in all the various jobs I have had in my life.  And, believe me, I have survived in environments where bar and pie charts, scattergrams, moving averages, mean this and that (and that goes for the bosses too!), co sines and parellelograms of forces were everyday norms.

But worry not, I'll get there, possibly by the end of next week, when I'll celebrate with the champagne that someone kindly gave us for Christmas.  You'll see when I'll return in triumph to the forum, bathed in self-satisfaction!!!

Oh my - gulp - my name in headlines - fame, fame, I'm famous at last !!!

Lori - thank you; yes I was in 'mess', really, really down - but have taken a step back, and with lovely support, and practical advice from various posters, am in process of getting original problem solved.  But thank you for caring.  (And sorry about PM - seldom think of looking at those - stupid of me).

J-aka-J - oh my - a lump of undriveable metal is nothing compared to your concerns - that's a bit of a bummer isn't it ?   Let us know how you are progressing, and recovering, won't you ?

To those who aren't aware of original posts - don't worry.   What I would like to say, however, is that for all our differences of opinion or life experiences, when someone has a problem, and needs advice and help (and a bit of a virtual cuddle) - there is nothing better than the people on this forum.

I've thrown a wobbly before now - and have always received advice and support - for which I have been enormously grateful, and which has helped put my 'wobbly' into perspective.

Never feel your problems are too trivial - they are not - and there's a wonderful group of people on here ready to help and support.......and to use a famous quote 'I love you all'  

and thanks to everyone.

Chessie

(These emitcons are sexist - there's a beer tankard -

but why no WINE GLASS or champers flute ? !!!)

??????????????????????? etc.

On ipad keyboard look bottom left where there is a little smiley face. Press this and it will reveal a whole host of smileys. Make your choice, then press the ABC sign, bottom left and it will return you to keyboard.

Or, get your husband to do it????

Thanks for the tip.

Not using an Ipad.  Using a Lenovo Notebook (which I am counting the days until I can blow up).

I do not see a smiley on any key.  Sadly, I will have to resort to your last suggestion.

I hate that.

Chessie,

I am touched that in the middle of all your concerns and worries, you think of me, you are right that the forum may not be as active as it once was, but the help is always there, and waht's more it's consistently good advice, which is more than can be said for FB.

It's too early to say what progress, but so far no side effects is to me a good thing, and I have come through the dog days (for now at least) and am positive and strong, for now at least.

And Mint, yes, I have seen it and replied.xx

I don't put icons on, getting a post in without system failure is good enough for me!