A green wave in the local elections

So, the exit polls were accurate!  With such a low turnout, I am not sure how the results can best be interpreted.

But I am really pleased that Eduoard Philippe has kept his position as mayor of le Havre.  Norman, would you know whether that could make it more likely that Macron would have to keep him as PM?

I am not sure whether there are problems between the 2 men but I do know that Philippe is more popular than Macron with the public.  OTOH, it won't be the first time that the PM is more popular (or indeed more able) than the President.

Yes, sets out the position alas only too well from Macron's point of view.

THIS was the sentence that interested me the most from the article:

Immediately, I thought, now what exactly does that word mean?  For those thinking the same, here is the definition [:D]  It is from Larousse.

Définitions de bérézina. Familier Échec complet de quelque chose ; défaite catastrophique de quelqu'un : Une bérézina électorale

It dated back to when Napoleon lost a battle at that river in Belarusse.

Norman, referring to our brief exchange on this very subject, I see that the president and PM have indeed parted company.

I guess that Philippe has resigned before he gets re-shuffled.  What do you think?

I believe that Philippe is a real loss to the government and indeed the country.

I agree, mint, Macron will be in a worse position without him.

Why on earth weren’t there more sensible eco measures in place already?

I can’t for the life of me think of the name of the ‘green’ chap who was in Macron’s government but resigned because nothing was being done.

It’s so annoying not being able to remember things/names I once knew well!

Hulot was too far Green for Macron who wanted a 'puppet' green with no teeth.

He wanted Phillipe out of the way because he was threatened by the man's popularity, but it may blow up in his  face, since the centre-right is looking for a credible candidate to run for the 2022 election against Macron, and they may have found one in Phillipe.

Hulot was too narrow minded, intolerant and impatient to work in government. He was offered posts under other Presidents but preferred to be the constant guru, the Critic, rather than get his hands dirty..

What was the name of that UK TV commentator who thought he was God? Same, same.

Oh, and he owned 5 cars!

So we now have Castex.

I was listening to UK news Friday lunch time'ish and who ever was reporting made it sound like Casse-tete. I heard that four times...... left me thinking.......... that's just what we need!

[quote user="idun"]
So we now have Castex.

I was listening to UK news Friday lunch time'ish and who ever was reporting made it sound like Casse-tete. I heard that four times...... left me thinking.......... that's just what we need!

[/quote]

Oh, id, you made me laugh[:D]  I agree, we have had enough casse-tetes recently!