Pet passports

woolybanana wrote the following post at 17 Nov 2020 22:03:

My best friend died a week ago today. Should the pet passport be returned anywhere? I would rather like to keep it.

So very sorry to hear your news .. he had a lovely life with you .. you were fortunate to have found each other.

I kept our cats' passports .. no one has ever questioned this.

I'm so sorry to hear your news.  I know how much you loved him.  It was clear when you wrote about him.

I never returned my dog's pet passport.  I kept it with his ashes and a tuft of his hair.

I have always felt so blessed to have met our collie.  He was such an important part of our family.  We have never really gotten over losing him. 

Sending you a virtual hug.

We have more passports from pets that are no longer here than I care to count. I think we have at least 7. No need to return them anywhere. You might want to make sure the vet has removed Best Friend's details from their client list, though. Annual reminders for MOTs and vaccinations are something I can do without.

Pets play an enormous part in our daily lives and it's awful when they go but knowing them is still worth the inevitable heartache.