Lockdown anyone ?

I should imagine the UK will go into lockdown very soon. But Brain dead Boris has no idea what to do. Someone else will have to make the decision.

So should France go into lockdown ?

Kids go back tomorrow. Which I am firmly against.

What is happening in the UK will catch up on France very quickly.

Is anyone in charge ?

idun wrote the following post at 03 Jan 2021 17:43:

I imagine that we will end up with a lockdown at some point.

I do feel for those working and are affected, terrible worrying times.

Our daughter teaches in a school in a socially-deprived area which admits referred children from all over the area .. she has an Inset Day tomorrow and the kids arrive on Tuesday. She loves her job but is dreading what might have happened to her charges over the Xmas hols. Summer is bad enough but tge cold weather means kids who are inappropriately clothed, who have not eaten enough over the holidays.

Plus she has a journey of approx 50-60 mins to get there in her car (on a good day) if there is ice or an accident en route then she arrives later than her usual 8:15am start.

Insofar as I’m aware, very young children seem to be much less susceptible to CV than adults and adolescents. Very much hope so, because our only grandchild of 4+ is due to return to school on Tuesday.

It’s important to him (as it is for any youngster) to get back to school. His parents are keen for that to happen, but they are also better placed than many to enable that.

Our concern is for the teaching and support staff in schools. Not easy for them and risks that are not to be sneezed at.

As things currently stand (Thames Valley) they’ll be back on Tuesday (Monday is an INSET day).

Gardian wrote the following post at 03 Jan 2021 22:46:

Insofar as I’m aware, very young children seem to be much less susceptible to CV than adults and adolescents.

I haven't got a link but the latest Covid-19 variant is much more easily transmissible to young children than the original. This is what is begin to cause dismay and even alarm in primary teachers.

My daughter is emphatic that young children (especially deprived children) need to be in school but she is becoming increasingly concerned by the latest Covid developments.

Not only does the new variant seem to affect children more, the children themselves could be carriers and they would have been with other family members and possibly grandparents over the Christmas period.

Yes, go back to school they must, but just after Christmas is not the time.

mint makes the very important point that whether or not a  someone (child or adult) is seems to be ill or have symptoms does not change the fact that they can be a carrier.

On another tack it is a bit 'pie in the sky' to rely on people who are positive but don't feel ill to 'self-isolate'.   Of course they should, but if that means no income or the measly £ 75 a week sick  pay in the UK it is easy to see the pressure  to go to work despite being ill..

Folks..I was taking about France not the UK.

There is no way kids should be going back to school in France. For the reasons Mint said.

They should wait for at least two weeks. At least.

But no, Macrons Govt knows best.

Stupidity at its highest level.

As I said to OH this morning, we (as parents) are now running the guantlet. Some parents will catch it, die or pass it on.

So the question is, would kids prfer to be ophans or behind in schooling.

Ummm...Mr Macron (I caught fecking Covid for missbehaving)....what do you think ?

Was this a party political thread on behalf of ALBF? BJ has gone from telling people that schools are safe, very, very safe to telling them that schools are a focal point for spreading the virus between households in about 24 hours. I’m sure Mr Macron will be able to make the same change of direction if it proves necessary. You cannot look at the situation in the U.K. and use that as the best route for France to follow.