We ain't got mail

Mr Huge

[quote user="NormanH"]If it is parcels from the UK it is one of the predictable consequences of Brexit that BJ glossed over...

[/quote]

Why

would the citizens of the United Kingdom's decision to withdraw from

membership of the EU be at all influenced by the possibility that a

parcel delivered to France might be held up and that the Prime Minister

had failed to brief the country as to this consequence?

Or,

would your assertion be just another veiled excuse to  decry a decision

United Kingdom citizens made which you, as a French citizen,  would appear to disagree with?

NormanH wrote the following post at 06 Feb 2021 17:29:

Have I missed something?

It has been overcast and between 14 and 17° but no flooding in the Hérault that I have seen signs of...

Not being brilliant at geography I think I might have got my areas mixed up ?

We're not on another Brexit debate surely ?

There are loads of things that BJ glossed over (that's another way of saying "lied about") that are only now coming to pass, not just parcels which might contain items requiring import duty, but shellfish and live animal exports as well. There will be more.

The Brexit vote was so close, not an convincing result at all, and the UK I think will live to regret it.

Mr Huge .......

There is a problem, but exactly where is impossible to pinpoint.

In December and January, we had items which were taking weeks to turn up - the record was a magazine which made the difficult journey in 7 weeks!

A couple of Christmas cards have disappeared without trace, but whether it’s a UK problem or over here ........?

My money is on the UK.

My wife had to sent proof of ID to UK just before Christmas. France to the office in the UK, 4 days recorded delivery.

UK to France, also recorded delivery, the Post Office in UK had no idea where it was after receiving it (according to the site, 10 days in the PO in Birmingham!). Said it was staffing problems/illness/Covid. eventually got it, UK Post Office still had no idea where it was.

The postal services, not good.

I sent important documents to France recorded delivery and signed for, and as soon as the tracking left the UK Royal Mail did not consider that what the french postal service did with my letter was any of their concern.

I re-sent the lot, just sent it like a normal letter and it got there OK.

And I have had problems in England recently, Royal Mail being very slow, with things. But heyho, got used to such rubbish service in France!

I don't know what the OP should do, but this sounds off, even in these times. There could be medical letters and all sorts of important things that have not arrived.

Here is a live link:

There is a phone number on there and email link so that you can ask what is happening with 'la tournee de votre facture'.

It would indeed be very odd if anyone expected the British government to list all and anything that would change after the U.K. left the E.U. including parcel hold ups! An impossibility but any excuse to criticise the UK will do I suppose.

I bought some glasses from a firm in the UK. They were sent via Royal Mail and I got a recorded delivery tracking number when they were posted. A couple of days later they had arrived in France. No tracking after that but they arrived in another two days and had to be signed for. No complaints whatsoever.

At Xmas time it was a very different story with all post being delayed by weeks. Xmas card arrived mid January.