NOT Posting threads or replies

idun

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Forums like this pre-date smart phones/tablets, social media like Facebook, Snapchat, Instagram, Twitter and are therefore struggling. Home PC's are in terminal decline replaced by smart phones, for which Forums were not designed, as the younger generation increasingly use apps to interface with the Web.

I am not sure the number of members this Forum have is reflective of active members, with the vast majority historic.

All very sad and because we are getting older!

[quote user="You can call me Betty"]Look, I'm happy to apologise wholeheartedly to anyone I've offended.. And big enough to accept that attack isn't always the best line of defence. I cracked. It wasn't big or clever.

Richard, you have me so very wrong. But your opinion is your opinion. I suspect we don't (and never will) have the same sense of humour. You can't see mine, that's certain.

Chessie, I think we are both guilty of assumption making an ass..etc. I wasn't making direct reference to you in the comments you chose to take exception to, either.I have, as I pointed out, loads of friends like you who have mobile phones they don't switch on.

Everybody else: thanks for all the time taken to help me resolve the problems with my laptop. I still don't plan to buy another one.[/quote]

Luv ya just the way you are! [kiss] You see things differently to me as well at times but I learn from your posts, very often a different point of view. I value that.

• 2 years later...
Perhaps you could help me? I have contacted FF and asked how I can find the list of threads (discussions) on the site. They (it) hasn't replied!!

I'm new to this and I have found various discussions but it is a very haphazard way of mowing around. I feel sure that must be some sort of list (threads) but finding it!

I would appreciate it if you can help.

[quote user="Ken"]Perhaps you could help me? I have contacted FF and asked how I can find the list of threads (discussions) on the site. They (it) hasn't replied!!

I'm new to this and I have found various discussions but it is a very haphazard way of mowing around. I feel sure that must be some sort of list (threads) but finding it!

I would appreciate it if you can help.
[/quote]

THIS link will take you to an index of the full list of forum catagories and their topics/threads which you will be able to trawl thru'.

Most posts on this forum where made by Chancer. In fact most posts on all French forums are made by Chancer.

The idea is, just to do the opposite of what Chancer says.

Which is why he is stuck in the UK and needs to take a French driving test when he gets back/if he gets back.

@ Wooly, just having a laugh before you start hitting the panic button. LOL.

Come on Chancer, post something....I miss our banter.

[quote user="Ken"]O.k. I'll get the 'ang' of it Ta.[/quote]

Rather than going to the main page of the Forum and looking for topics which interest you, which may be very old, you might find it better to first go straight to "Active Topics", here [url]http://services.completefrance.com/forums/completefrance-forums/cs/forums/TopicsActive.aspx[/url]

Many people save that page and make it their first contact with the forum each day.

Also, you can subscribe to topics which interest you, by clicking on the "Notify" button at the top. You will then get an email when anyone makes a new post on that topic.