Brexit, Scotland, Cludo and what coloured knickers you are wearing today

I care what is happening in France, we are french income dependant, so yes.

Re Scotland, well we are not that far from the scottish border and I frankly don't care what they do.

Cludo, never played.

AND this is just a question, but what is wrong with going commando?[blink]

Of course we care what happens in France, albf, but there are also things in other countries that interest me such as the US, Scotland, Belgium ( when I can understand it!), HK, Libya.....

My interests in France are both local and national about which I read in both English and French.

But it does take a lot of time which is why I seldom hit the garden before 1400hrs.

Everything is bad in the UK, everything is great in France.

They don't live in reality France.

They don't live in France.

They have no idea what is going on around them.

They need to understand the country they are living in. Why don't they turn on the news...or read a paper ?

Don't get me started about those applying for French nationality.

There should be a test on current affairs.

ALBF rant over for the day.

A knowledge of world affairs is, I believe, both interesting and important. How can a person engage in conversation or give an opinion if in ignorance of what is happening globally. Even to vote locally involves what a party would stand for because world affairs affect their priorities.

Personally I think the a average expat does care what is happening everywhere? By definition they had to explore the country they wanted to live in!!! Ignorance is often the cause of many a conflict. If we understood what is going on around us then perhaps their would be more tolerance.

I have a cousin who lives in California USA. I was appalled when she told me she voted for Trump and actually liked the guy.

What saddened me most however was when she asked me what is happening in France? The news in the US, she told me, does not tell us much about what is happening in the rest of the world!!!

We all live in it. I personally think it is important to look outside the country you live/lived in to keep yourself informed.

I think the whole business of news needs a review. I once spent six weeks in the USA and there was only one mention of anything European and that was the Pope’s Easter message. Similarly, when something became a burning issue locally it wasn’t until it had all been sorted that we became aware that it was equally import in other parts of the UK. How many of us know what is happening in other parts of whichever country we live in let alone globally ?

I check out the headlines in Le Monde and l'Indépendant each morning, open any news links which people put up on this and the couple of other forums where people mainly talk sensibly, receive daily headlines from France 3 Occitanie, and watch BBC and Sky News, CNN, Euronews and Al Jazeera every evening.

None of the above really have much overlapping coverage, and it's amazing how high the carp content is on all of them.