Re: Odd vaccination appointment

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[quote user="anotherbanana"]Castex and Véran are speaking now, finally with a sense of urgency, sending extra vaccines to the départements which are worst hit, apparently ordering weekend opening of centres

If true, about bl**dy time..[/quote]

Whilst we cannot get an appointment for love or money down here .. due to shortage .. always did suspect that vaccines were being sent to the "heavy" use areas.  Checked 4 times yesterday and today .. a few 2nd injections dates in 2 centres (I am checking 6 or 7) yesterday and first thing this morning .. all disappeared by lunchtime ... nothing at all anywhere for 1st injections.

Judith, have you tried your doctor, or any doctor? 

I have a RV with my MT on Monday and I have sent him an email to tell him I shall be asking him for a vaccination ordo or jab.  And for OH, of course.

Speaking to a French neighbour yesterday she told me that she had RVs for both herself and her husband with my MT for a fortnight's time.  It doesn't matter if the doctor is yours or not, I have also had an email from a walking friend in the next département in which she gives me the name of a doctor in her town who is jabbing anyone who books a slot.

It's now a rapidly changing situation, Judith.  Just go for it!  Wish you luck[kiss]

Judith, Lori, anyone else still worried about no vaccination date

[url]https://www.sudouest.fr/sante/coronavirus/vaccin/covid-19-pharmaciens-infirmiers-et-sages-femmes-autorises-officiellement-a-vacciner-1515372.php[/url]

It seems that something good will come to the still waiting[:D]

My wife got a letter from the CPAM saying she should make an RDV for the vaccine, this she did after many tries on Doclib and Sante France giving all her details date of birth etc. We arrive at the centre this morning, it's actually empty, rather different to yesterday when I had my RDV. To be told Oh no you're too young, she's 74, you can't have the vaccination. While there we got my certificate, as yesterday the computer broke down. When we read it, it said the Doctor had explained all about the vaccine to me and that my second appointment would be in 4 weeks time. Strange considering that yesterday he told me no second dose as I'd tested positive last year, and nothing about the vaccine. It also stated on the certificate that I'd had the jab in my right arm, where in fact I'd had in the left one. French bureaucracy eh.

[quote user="mint"]
Judith, have you tried your doctor, or any doctor? 

It's now a rapidly changing situation, Judith.  Just go for it!  Wish you luck[kiss]

[/quote]

Oh, yes, Mint, got a prescription from her  on Monday, but because of my conditions she wants me to try for a Pfizer jab, but has conceded that if I don't succeed in a "few" weeks,  she will consider letting me have the AZ, and yes, they have started vaccinating already.

But now I read that from mid-April I can walk into a  pharmacy and get a AZ jab anyhow, which is what I will do if the situation continues today.  Saw one flag up in a centre I'd prefer not to go to today, but it disappeared before my very eyes as I was considering it .. I presume a cancellation.  But some hospitals now have AZ listed for appointments as well, that today for the first time .. so maybe if the pressure goes off the Pfizer because people are taking the AZ one, they will appear.  Personally, I would be happy with either .. better than none at all! 

Seen your PM, wil reply soon, but manic here today - again - with emails ...

So you get a choice of vaccines? 

I was talking to an old friend in France and she said that her mother, in her 80's was supposed to get her jab a couple of days ago and there was a problem with the vaccine. So she has not got a date yet for her first one.

My friend and her husband do not give a hoot as to what vaccine they get, they just want it and now.

A QUESTION:  IF you get to an appointment with an ordonnance for say pfizer and there is a problem but they have AZ, can't they give it to you?????? 

IF that is the case, then no wonder everything is so slow.

I shall add, that those who are getting their second dose so quickly in France are so few, that I just do not how the mass of the population is going to get even their first one!

Look at the figures, over 5 million doses given, and 1.7 million having had two doses, so that means that there are only  three and a quarter million adults having been vaccinated in any way at all.

There are over 50 MILLION ADULTS in France, above the age of 19. Even if under 30's are of little concern? then there are still over 43 million adults, so that means 40 million at this rate who still need vaccinating.

Historically, these delays will probably look like they are nothing at all, ofcourse, how distressing and anxious people become is taken out of the equation.......... as are the deaths that are inevitable until we are all vaccinated.

We wait like everyone in our age group.  Not happily as we too see that, at the current pace, this is going to take a LONG time.

I looked back at the French gouv site to see how  many deaths were noted (due to covid) in the months of December, January and February.  I realize their numbers may or may not be totally accurate, but that's about all I have to go by.  It was just a curiosity thing.

So, I found that in December, there were 11,901 deaths noted, divide by 31 for a daily average of 383,9.  In January there were 11,425 deaths noted, divide by 31 for a daily average of 368,5.  In February there were 10,371, divide by 28 for a daily average of 370,3.

Granted, I am no mathematicien, but if we continue with an average of 300 deaths per day, there are 300 days left of this year.  That's 90,000 deaths.  And, based on the deaths over the last 3 months, 300 is a low figure.

So many people to reply to and I cannot quote you all!

So, briefly, NickP, my commiserations to you and Mrs NP.  What a c***-up!  But things ARE changing and I believe that at last some of us will actually get vaccinated.  Yes, I know, me the eternal optimist....or at least I WAS[:P]

Judith, things have changed since Monday and I hope very much that we, the neglected ones, WILL be able to get vaccinated one way or another in the next few weeks.  Like you, I don't care a hoot which one we get, even Sputnik V!  Many people I have spoken to locally, French and a couple of Brits, have now managed to get RVs so that keeps my hope alive.

Id, what really annoys me is when Castex, or Véran or that chap Atal talk about easing restrictions and a strategy for coming out of couvre-feu, I want to say a VERY rude French word.  Why don't they sort out a VACCINATION STRATEGY first?

Actually, I did get a chance yesterday evening of securing the one and only slot available for OH thanks to GardenGirl (mille mercis, ma chère amie), but I was in such a nervous state of agitation with hope of an end in sight, that I somehow managed to input one digit wrong on my mobile!!!  By the time, I corrected the error, the one and only slot had gone!

As it was for the astra zeneca, I was not too distressed though utterly disgusted with myself, because I see my MT on Monday (he is on the list of docs vaccinating) and I will have a chance to ask him for myself and my OH.  Phew!

Mint, like you, I couldn't care which I get, any is better than nothing, but my GP seems determined that I really should have the Pfizer  .. like you, I see the "odd" one (cancellation I presume) arrive, but they are gone before I have time to react, plus the ones I see are in places I'd prefer not to go to.  My doctor doing it would be so much easier too.

Idun, just checked my prescription, it just says I am eligible to be vaccinated, the vaccine type is not mentioned. This was before the arrival of AZ announce the day after she gave it to me though.

Lori, what can I say, but yes, it is more about getting as many some protection rather than fully protecting the few ... as one English friend who has had her first jab said, I don't care when I get the next one, better that others get a chance to be protected first .. and the epidemiologist I listened to (who had been a volunteer in the AZ trials too) said that by accident it seems that the longer you leave between the two doses, the better.  It's to do with improving the response, though I am sure there is more to it than just that, I didn't totally understand it as it was in Q&A and it was late ... and I was tired by then!

[quote user="Manon"]Dear Mint,

Where did you find the list of doctors who are vaccinating please ? Thank you.[/quote]

Manon, there is as yet no published list.  The best thing to do is to ask at your pharmacie or any other pharmacie near you.  They all seem to know which doctor is vaccinating and also WHEN they are vaccinating.

Locally, I have spoken to a number of people, both French and British, who have told me who was doing theirs.  It is true that you don't need your "own" doctor.

How it works at the moment, is that the doctors taking part set aside 10 doses of vaccine (at the mo, weekly) and they pick an afternoon in which to do them as the vaccines can only remain out of their recommended storage for 5 to 6 hours.

The other person to ask would definitely be your own MT.  I guess that, like me, you are one of those drawing a blank on the Sante.fr and doctolib sites.  But, at ground level, as it were, there can be more local and up-to-date info.

All the best to you, Manon.

Thanks for that Judith, that is good at least.

Pfizer needs specific storage, AZ is much easier and if the EU gets the JJ 'one' vaccine, then things should speed up.

Incidentally in the UK we get a card to take to take to our second jab. It shows what we have had and when. Unless they give me something else official there is no way on earth that they will get this card off me after they have noted that I have had it.

Yep, got mine done at 1215hrs. All very straight forward but bureaucratic, thus quite slow. I reckon in a couple of years there will be statistics published that will show that most people had their job on their left arm!

The opinion was that France is now, finally getting its act together as vaccination is the only way to stop the beast!

Excellent news that you’ve had your first vaccination, Wooly. Which did you have and please let us know if you have any effects from it.

It really does seem that things are moving in France, thank goodness.

I had my jab in my right arm for medical reasons.

Hello, just to share my experience. As I now come into the category to be vaccinated with AZ (71 under three years of cancer diagnosis) I 'phoned a vaccination centre on Friday to ask if I needed a prescription. They said no, and gave me an appt. for yesterday late afternoon.

Left with a printed sheet giving my Carte Vitale details, the vaccine I'd been given, injection site and appt. for 12 wks time.

I had a restless night's sleep, a bit chilled and a headache.Got up with flushed cheeks and slight temperature. Had paracetamol and feel back to normal this evening.

Hope all goes well for everyone.