Since the following have not changed with Brexit

British residents who have not taken French nationality cannot vote in

Régional elections
Départmental elections
Presidential élections

Since Brexit they can no longer vote

For European elections

Local elections for the Maire etc

I was reminded of this when I went to vote this morning for the first two on the list.

Shît I can't vote for Macron next year. BÜgger.

Norman....a lot of French people don't vote.

In fact a majority won't vote in the regional elections. I doubt very much if anyone will turn out for the presidential elections.

So the point of your post is...you can vote. Well done.

Salut and sing the Marseillaise and go and play patanque.

I hope you have a proper curly French moustache BTW. LOL.

My own opinion which, undoubtably will be unpopular, is why should a foreigner be allowed to vote in another countries elections? I know the argument about paying taxes, contributing to the economy etc but for me that isn't reason enough. Of course I should pay taxes etc after all I use the facilities and services. but to determine in some way the political future of a country; I think is wrong.

Often a foreigner will think entirely differently to the indigenous population on a whole raft of subjects which is quite natural given their differing upbringings. When I was able to vote here I did so but always felt a little guilty! Now, of course I can't and am content with that as it goes with my views. If I don't want to accept it, well we all know what I could do and that option is open to everyone!!!!

These are the things that the region and the department (today's elections)  are responsible for: quite a few of them are services used by many of us.

[url=https://postimages.org/][img]https://i.postimg.cc/Zn7zyHjN/infog-elections-0.jpg[/img][/url]

And he has the beret, often to be seen wandering the streets with strings of onions round his neck. At night however he wears garlic strings and does exorcisms.

Oh, and he lives in a barrel from which he earns a comfy living begging. As he has a large, very hairy dog with massive teeth which is always scratching he is known as Monsieur Diogefleas in the area.

[url=https://postimg.cc/V5MFHd8D][img]https://i.postimg.cc/J7Yd0kdV/image.png[/img][/url]

Just making the point that these are the sort of things that this election is about, although apparently over 65% may well not have bothered to vote.[:(]

No, ALBF, it's you who has gone mad, lost your marbles, are deliberately obtuse, whatever....

The British can't vote in France.  Those people voting in France are French by birth or by acquired citizenship. 

That is certainly a factor alongside the weather, the fact that many people find the région a distant body and the various responsibilities in the graphics I posted are hard to grasp.
Add to that the low-key campaign and the chaos in some places

didn't help.

The danger is of course that the results can be skewed by the extremists who do manage to get their fanatical supporters out, though there is a slight counter-balance to that in that even if a candidate gets over 50% in the first round they aren't automatically elected unless they have at least 25% of the electorate (I am writing from memory so those figures are open to correction)

Mint Said "The British can't vote in France. Those people voting in France are French by birth or by acquired citizenship"

Ummm...hang on ....if you are British by birth but have got French citizenship.......you are still British. LOL.

A piece of paper don't change that.

If I got French citerzenship and voted....I am still British. So I am a British person voting in France.

What am I missing here ?

If I got French citerzenship and voted....I am still British. So I am a British person voting in France.

What you are 'missing' is that if you acquire French citizenship you become a French national i.e. French. You are no longer 'British'. In the legal sense. Having acquired French citizenship just try and return to Britain and vote there!!

I know what you are getting at regarding still being 'British'. Nothing can change the fact you were born British but legally you would no longer be British! A piece of paper does change that!

ALBF---If I got French citerzenship and voted....I am still British. So I am a British person voting in France.

It would appear you are absolutely correct! Providing you have maintained your U.K. citizenship and obtained French citizenship Then it seems that you would be a Brit voting in French elections!!

Of course I am correct sir.

Now, I bet proportionally that more Brits voted in the French election than the French.

(You know how Brits with French citerzenship think they are cut above the rest of us plebs) So of course they would vote even if they don't know WTF they are voting for.

Which brings us back to the point I made earlier. Brexit Brits voting in the french election.

You canne make it up.

I have dual nationality
While I am on French soil I am considered as 'French'

un Français binational ou plurinational ne peut pas faire prévaloir sa

ou ses autres nationalités lorsqu'il réside en France.

So I voted in a French election as a French national on the issues I have 
posted images of.

[quote user="NormanH"]
I have dual nationality
While I am on French soil I am considered as 'French'

un Français binational ou plurinational ne peut pas faire prévaloir sa

ou ses autres nationalités lorsqu'il réside en France.

So I voted in a French election as a French national on the issues I have 
posted images of.

[/quote]

That seems too complicated for some to grasp [:D]

Something for the Grand rral perhaps...

En voie générale et technologique, vous passez un Grand oral à la fin de votre année de terminale. Cette épreuve évalue des compétences essentielles, en particulier la maîtrise d’une parole personnelle, structurée et argumentée, la capacité à déployer avec clarté et conviction une réflexion, à dialoguer et à débattre, ... https://www.education.gouv.fr/baccalaureat-comment-se-passe-le-grand-oral-100028

& Jean-Michel Blanquer: S'exprimer à l'oral, c'est quelque chose que vous avez à faire en permanence dans la vie" a précisé Jean-Michel Blanquer sur France 2 ce 14 juin.

Do you think that someone will come along and argue the toss 'cos à l'oral is not the same as à l'écrit?

Norman.....

Is Jean-Jacques Goldman British or French living in London ?

I bet a million pounds he does not pretend to be British.

Was Johony Hallday Belgium, French or American when living (most of his time) in America.

If you have lived in France legally for 5 years (lets say) you should be entitled to vote. It is nothing to do about pretending you are this that or the other.