1st July

Oh yes! Done it since I was a child, when my brother always got in first. I now get Mr Adrets every month and seem to surprise him every time.

Married 56 years x 12 pinches/punches. It’s a wonder he’s not reported me yet.

And don’t forget to advance your digital watch (if you have one, of course) by one day.

Mint I can't believe you never heard of it, but of course, I suppose it depends on where you lived as a child. So on the morning before 12 miday on the 1st, the idea was to catch other kids out by saying and doing pinch and a punch, first day of the month. and no returns. if you didn't say no returns, they could say and do a pinch and a kick for being so quick. As said you could protect yourself by saying "White Rabbits" Just a tradition that we, approaching a combined age of 155 years of age, still practice. Some kids never grow up thankfully.

[quote user="NickP"]Mint I can't believe you never heard of it, but of course, I suppose it depends on where you lived as a child. So on the morning before 12 miday on the 1st, the idea was to catch other kids out by saying and doing pinch and a punch, first day of the month. and no returns. if you didn't say no returns, they could say and do a pinch and a kick for being so quick. As said you could protect yourself by saying "White Rabbits" Just a tradition that we, approaching a combined age of 155 years of age, still practice. Some kids never grow up thankfully.[/quote]

Ah yes, thank you, Nick.  I remember reading one of those detective stories where the murderer was a bit of a Peter Pan and the phrase was one he used and I think, they tracked him down once they "twigged".

At least I think it was the murderer and it was a book of Ruth Rendell's, I believe.  The memory, such as what remains, is deffo not up to keeping up[:(]

My wife also used to say 'White rabbits, white rabbits' this was repeated going down the stairs backwards!!!! Fortunately she just told me that's how it was when she was a child; she never, as far as I know ever did it!!!!