Gites in Brittany

saumur1883

A large and very diverse region. Suggest you look at a map and decide what area you would like to visit and then google for details of that region and for accomodation via local tourist office websites. The whole peninsula is swamped with gîte rentals and many probably not even fit for a dog to stay in!!  Gîtes de France are the oldest established company and attract visitors of all nationalities. From Calais you should be aware the journey by car is well over 9hrs to where we are in dept 29 so bear that in mind if you have children or pets. Maybe better to sail to St.malo or Caen to cut driving time and expense of petrol etc.

[quote user="Val_2"]The whole peninsula is swamped with gîte rentals and many probably not even fit for a dog to stay in!!  [/quote]

Well, thankyou for that vote of confidence! There maybe a few ropey ones, but there are some very good gîte rentals in the area too. You can do Brittany (East) in 5 hours from Calais, lots of my guests use this route.

Try sites like www.ownersdirect.co.uk or www.holidaylettings.co.uk - you will find a good selection of gites there and you can specify your criteria (pool, near coast, no bedrooms, wifi etc).

I speak the truth from doing inspections on the tourist board - you would be surprised what some people think is appropriate and others we have seen from our own clients who are wanting devis for work doing and already letting rentals. I know you from other forums and that you are pretty sucessful so no need to worry, its the rubbish landlords who do the damage for tourism here not the genuine owners and letters. As for swamped, you have to admit there are hundreds to choose from all over the peninsula but a lot are up for sale at the moment due to owners moving on etc so hopefully only the really good ones will continue to trade and give people a decent return for their holiday money.

• 2 months later...