short break on north coast

leo

I was going to take break either in Wissant or Wimereux, but all hotels in Wimereux seem expensive. Was thinking of Wissant but not sure if there would be enough to do there for 3 days or should I go somewhere like Boulogne?

Any suggestions as to hotels or places ?

May I suggest the Baie de Somme, either St-Valery or Le Crotoy, just over a hour down the A16 from the tunnel or a bit less from Boulogne port. Loads of wonderful things to see and do, if you like nature, wildlife (inc seals), history, culture, art, markets, food... etc.

In St-Val, check out hotels Guillaume de Normandie, Picardia, Colonne de Bronze or chambres d'hotes at Au Velocipe. I don't know Le Crotoy's hotels from past experience but Les Tourelles looks lovely.

Fay

Thank you for your replies - this is usually a part of the country which I pass through; will look out for the speed cameras though!

I don't really want to go anywhere further than half an hours drive - it looks as if it may be boulogne as I don't want too spend to much, will have to see if there's anywhere nice there.

• 2 weeks later...
I stayed in Berck sur Mer some time ago for a few days  .....some small not expensive hotels there .. Look at a map and follow the valley of the river Course  and the Canche for a tour round and explore of the area .....we enjoyed it  some nice places to eat out in that area ...